Turbo experts,what kind of power would a single turbo make with the new voodoo motor?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ford will soon be taking orders for the upcoming 2016 Gt-350. With an 8000 rpm redline and the flatplane set up, do you think this engine will love boost as much or more then the current 5.0? And if so how much power do you think a single turbo would make with this motor?

Troponin

Established Member
It's going to be a terrible platform to turbo charge. Not only is it a terrible idea because of the high compression and pistons etc, but because NA is amazing on track cars like that. I think you're defeating the purpose of the car if you go FI.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
itll be an awesome motor to TT for sure, but u will need to build it I think. As everyone has said, Pistons will probably hate boost.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Odds will be good that with full bolt ons the 5.2 could touch 600rwhp.

No turbo needed imo.
If your happy on the street with 600rwhp then awesome, others such as myself will find 600rwhp to be unable to satisfy especially if you race the streets.

lol right?!?!

So how do you know it will be an awesome motor to TT for sure? Haha ugh

Awesome to TT a stock 5.2 to 900-1000rwhp, probably not... I think u will see same results as UGR has especially with the pistons/comp. Awesome to TT on a properly built motor is gonna be the one and only ticket in my opinion if your pushing for real power. Keep and eye on MB's as they might have figure out the benefits to such a build themselves.

My question is how do u know it will lame once built with TT's?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
If your happy on the street with 600rwhp then awesome, others such as myself will find 600rwhp to be unable to satisfy especially if you race the streets.

Awesome to TT a stock 5.2 to 900-1000rwhp, probably not... I think u will see same results as UGR has especially with the pistons/comp. Awesome to TT on a properly built motor is gonna be the one and only ticket in my opinion if your pushing for real power. Keep and eye on MB's as they might have figure out the benefits to such a build themselves.

I dont, however most FPC motors are not boost friendly from what I have read. on top of that this is the largest FPC motor right now. too many variables.

PIKE5.0

Established Member

Its common sense as to why you wouldn't choose a GT350 to TT build for a street racer. Its a platform designed for a specific purpose. But, if you like doing things the hard way, for no real logical reason than "because".... power to you! No point in arguing illogical stubbornness.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Got to admit that a build like this would be very interesting. Would definitely beef up the bottom end. But after you buy the car, beef up the bottom end, and slap on a turbo system, you will have spent more money than if you had waited and bought the next gt500.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Its common sense as to why you wouldn't choose a GT350 to TT build for a street racer. Its a platform designed for a specific purpose. But, if you like doing things the hard way, for no real logical reason than "because".... power to you! No point in arguing illogical stubbornness.

Well common sense eludes me then pike. No one promised cheap, easy speed here just something unique and rare would be my pitch. People often dislike my turbo and auto Boss too... ;)

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Got to admit that a build like this would be very interesting. Would definitely beef up the bottom end. But after you buy the car, beef up the bottom end, and slap on a turbo system, you will have spent more money than if you had waited and bought the next gt500.

Yes it would be, I think the next GT500? will be amazing.

Voltwings

Established Member
I like how no one is considering the transmission either, that thing will likely not hold big boost, its a light unit designed with the whole theme of the car.

"Oh, but ill just swap a T-56 in there and call it a day." And shift it at 8000+ rpms? I think not.

"Oh, well i'll just shift lower then, so its cool." Then why buy this car?

Pointless all around if you ask me, especially with what it should be capable of all motor.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I like how no one is considering the transmission either, that thing will likely not hold big boost, its a light unit designed with the whole theme of the car.

"Oh, but ill just swap a T-56 in there and call it a day." And shift it at 8000+ rpms? I think not.

"Oh, well i'll just shift lower then, so its cool." Then why buy this car?

Pointless all around if you ask me, especially with what it should be capable of all motor.

Stop ruining this thread with your logic.:beer:

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Stop ruining this thread with your logic.:beer:

GOD FORBIT.. I tried to be different one time, as a kid.. bought some jnco jeans. The big ass legs got caught in the chain of my bike, and I wrecked. Caused me basically 3rd degree road burn on my back, slept on my stomach for 2 months while it healed. These scars sure are unique, kind of like your pride would be after failing on a TT GT350 build.

THERE! I SAID IT

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok so the overwhelming opinion is no boost for this motor, so what naturally aspirated mods can be done to improve power to say 550 at the wheels?

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Ok so the overwhelming opinion is no boost for this motor, so what naturally aspirated mods can be done to improve power to say 550 at the wheels?

If I had to guess, it would be the usual suspects. Intake manifold, and possibly lighter valvetrain. Mild head porting, maybe. Exhaust. Follow a beefed up italian flat plane mod plan.

Users who are viewing this thread