turbo coupe vs. supercoupe

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
If turbo coupes werent a sor of pain in the ass i would own one. They are just typical 80's type turbo cars...lots of vacuum lines and connections..and very inefficient intercooler and turbo. Super coupes have their share of PITA's as well. Trubo coupes make great swap canidates for 5.0's. Super coupes modded make great long trip cars....room for 4 and luggage space and cruise at 100+ all day long and be fairly quiet and look killer lowered with nice 18's on them. Sooooo...ummmm which one gets my vote....uhhh can i get back to you on that?

JettSVT

I owned a Turbo Coupe for many years and loved it. Easy to work on not that it needed much . Lots of power and great fuel economy. My car had over 400,000 kms on it b4 my kid crashed it. The best car I ever owned . It looks way better then the next generation Tbirds..

95BOSS

Established Member
I like both the SC's and TC's but I would have to lean towards the SC just because I like the overall car better.

tcmattybo244

i have a 1988 tc just bought it for 400$ wow i love this car ...i dont have tons of money but i made my own air intake move the filter into the fender then wraped it in heat wrap an removed the cat but have two flow master's... the car is slow off the line but has good top end i dont know how fast jus says 85 lol...im sure i shock a chrysler 300 the other day as he roared up his engine on hwy an i was pulling on him sure shocked me i was laughing...my father in law got me into fords he has a 08 gt 500, he had 97 cobra ,an were selling a 91 super coupe an a 88 turbo coupe ....thats how i got mine we bought as a parts car with 240,000 miles on mine as we drove it off sad no way we could take it apart drove like it had 1,000 mile on it.... but about bigger injectors an fuel pump do i change maf sensor please help im new to this ty...

Renello79

Established Member
I realize that I am a little late, but I have driven all 3 of the discussed car's.
SHO-had some power more topend, wasn't impressed. TC-had some go, it was modded. I did drive it like I stole it (it was a repo). The guy I took it from chased me down the highway in a GTP. The car didn't have the power to just lose him, I had to exit from the left lane very last second doing about 90. SC-I have taken a LT1 Vette walked on a TC, pull on GTP's every time. My vote is an SC. For the record curb weight on my 89 sc is 4,985 lbs

Renello79

Established Member
My bad I probably be more careful with the way I phrase things. All the same my car is every bit of 5000 pounds unfortunately

Renello79

Established Member
According to the sicker in the door grvw is 4,985. As far as I know that is gross vehicle weight. Then add the subs I had installed, larger tires and a few other things that add weight.

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
Yes, that is the GVWR, which is the maximum operating weight of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo. It isn't the actual weight of the vehicle, unless you're carrying some serious cargo/passenger weight. Stock SC's weigh ~3700-3900lbs depending on options.

Users who are viewing this thread