turbo cobras?, where you at?

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
anyone in here has a turbo cobra?
modified?
stock block?
havent really seen any turbo ones on here except for the 03/04.. wheres everyone at?

Hellion 76mm right here...

Stock 4.6L Teksid, stock Cobra crank, Termi Manley H-beams, 18cc Manley pistons (about 8.8:1cr), 04 Heads, return style fuel system. Numbers in sig.

Currently rebuilding... long story story, same build but with 11cc Manley pistons (about 9.4:1cr). Will also be tuning for E85.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
ive heard horror stories about on3.. not sure if any are valid, but ive heard thay youll have nothing but exhaust and oil leaks.. not saying its gospel or anything, but thats what scared me about them.. i was also told that the turbine also fails rather quickly and the crew at on3 really doesnt know whats going on ( doesnt know their head from their a**) but this is all stories ive heard.. if anyone else has had good experience, im all ears.. im not saying anything bad except for what i hear.. thanks

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
Well to clairify, the guys at on3 have been helpful when i called and had questions. As far as my kit goes I have no exhaust leaks and my car is as quite as stock and zero oil leaks so I dunno. my only gripe is that the kit is noisy and by that i mean i get a few small exh related viberations occasionally. as for the turbo itself, do not use the one that comes with the kit opt for the master power turbo. my master power turbo and kit have been on the car for 10k miles now and i have had 0 trouble.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
Well to clairify, the guys at on3 have been helpful when i called and had questions. As far as my kit goes I have no exhaust leaks and my car is as quite as stock and zero oil leaks so I dunno. my only gripe is that the kit is noisy and by that i mean i get a few small exh related viberations occasionally. as for the turbo itself, do not use the one that comes with the kit opt for the master power turbo. my master power turbo and kit have been on the car for 10k miles now and i have had 0 trouble.

thats awesome.. thanks for the insight :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread