turbo cobras?, where you at?

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
anyone in here has a turbo cobra?
modified?
stock block?
havent really seen any turbo ones on here except for the 03/04.. wheres everyone at?

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
I am in the process of a turbo build on my 01 now.... teksid block high compression motor built by Al Papitto, ported heads with cams, e85, single turbo is the plan...

jackm

Established Member
I am also in the process of building a turbo 01 white cobra convertible. Same here ported heads with a rebuild, forged internals, cams, suspension work, new flywheel and clutch. New fuel system with two gt pumps and new injectors. This is also a single turbo car. It will also be tuned for E85. Probably I should get it back in a month or so. Josh at Levin Motorsports is doing the work.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I had the Hellion 76mm setup on my '01. On stock motor it made 476rwhp/478rwtq at 9psi. Car was a blast and super responsive! Built motor with 9.1:1 compression it made 645rwhp on 17psi. My torque was only 538 ft.lbs. Wasn't as fun to drive since it was spooling so late/slow...so I had an issue that I never traced down.

Starting a new turbo car on my new '03 now though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had the Hellion 76mm setup on my '01. On stock motor it made 476rwhp/478rwtq at 9psi. Car was a blast and super responsive! Built motor with 9.1:1 compression it made 645rwhp on 17psi. My torque was only 538 ft.lbs. Wasn't as fun to drive since it was spooling so late/slow...so I had an issue that I never traced down.

You change cars like most people change clothes.:poke:

I thought about going turbo, but decided to stay blown instead.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Can a 96 guy hang out, too?

Mine will be 100% put together this weekend, but I've decided to wait until spring for Bob Kurgan to make a trip back to the area to do tuning.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can a 96 guy hang out, too?

Mine will be 100% put together this weekend, but I've decided to wait until spring for Bob Kurgan to make a trip back to the area to do tuning.

Good choice on tuners. A buddy had Kurgan tune his fox a few weeks ago and he couldn't be happier with how the car runs.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member

How long did your stock motor last at that power level?

What's gears were you running?

Any track times?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
You change cars like most people change clothes.:poke:
All part of my neverending quest to be completely happy with the setup lol

How long did your stock motor last at that power level?

What's gears were you running?

Any track times?
Stock motor lasted 2 weeks on the dot. Not sure on exact mileage but somewhere around 400 miles :uh oh:

Stayed with stock 3.27's which are a great choice combined with a t45/3650 trans.

Sorry, no track times.

thasalvoo

I am also in the process of building a turbo 01 white cobra convertible. Same here ported heads with a rebuild, forged internals, cams, suspension work, new flywheel and clutch. New fuel system with two gt pumps and new injectors. This is also a single turbo car. It will also be tuned for E85. Probably I should get it back in a month or so. Josh at Levin Motorsports is doing the work.

Josh is awesome. good pick!

fangs99

Established Member
I'm finnishing my turbo build now. I'm planning on tuning it for 800rwhp on pump+meth. Oh, and I'll be relocating to FL in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Special Ed

boom goes the dynomite...
Established Member
on3

anyone running this on3 turbo setup?? ive been contemplating picking this kit up this winter and setting it up for low boost on my stock block... would this be a bad idea??? what else would i need to run safely (fuel and or other stuff) whats it looking for pricing... kit is about $2000 (super cheap i think)but i dont think its a full kit (no fuel stuff)

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ To run that kit basically you'll need the UPR k-member(for the forward facing setup) or QA1(for the standard setup). I'd recommend at least getting a more namebrand wastegate(Tial, Turbonetics, etc) since that's what's going to be controling boost and therefore causing your motor not to explode. If you buy their kit expecting a few hangups here and there it's hard to beat the price honestly.

As far as fuel goes, it's not included in the kit but you'll need the same fuel mods no mater what fi setup you go with. Since you're staying on you're stock motor you could probably get by with a bap on your stock pump. You could also run twin 03 cobra pumps if you get a good deal on the assy. For injectors you'd be fine with 03/04 39lbs.

P.S. if you're planning on the standard On3 kit I have a QA1 k-member and A-arms kit that I'll be looking to unload...pm if interested

Last edited:

Special Ed

boom goes the dynomite...
Established Member
^ To run that kit basically you'll need the UPR k-member(for the forward facing setup) or QA1(for the standard setup). I'd recommend at least getting a more namebrand wastegate(Tial, Turbonetics, etc) since that's what's going to be controling boost and therefore causing your motor not to explode. If you buy their kit expecting a few hangups here and there it's hard to beat the price honestly.

As far as fuel goes, it's not included in the kit but you'll need the same fuel mods no mater what fi setup you go with. Since you're staying on you're stock motor you could probably get by with a bap on your stock pump. You could also run twin 03 cobra pumps if you get a good deal on the assy. For injectors you'd be fine with 03/04 39lbs.

P.S. if you're planning on the standard On3 kit I have a QA1 k-member and A-arms kit that I'll be looking to unload...pm if interested

thanks for the info man.. yea im taking the car off the road in the next week and i plan on saving and buying it either in december or january and start building asap... ill def get back to you with mor ????s

Users who are viewing this thread