turbo cobra

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Shaun just finished tuning a GT500 with E85 and plans to continue doing so, just saying. Shaun does tune super conservative which can be looked at as putting down less numbers than those who tune a bit more aggressive like RET.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think it`s rather funny you are complaining about this guy complaining about Shaun. I personally don`t like Shaun he has a shitty attitude when it comes to doing new things "E-85" which in this day and age new things come around often....

I dont think the guy above "vjay88" has a drive error the car is an auto, as well as him cutting a 1.6 60ft on his track time and its a vert... As i use to know Shaun "baby Shaun" that is when he use to use Jeff aka the tuners dyno, he has a good work ethic keeping customers cars clean and if you are down to pay what he wants then everything is good but i have seen enough people go threw multiple built AED motors after ongoing issues and then to still be having issues...

I wont speak on AED having slow cars or AED not producing fast cars but if im not mistaken that is the silver Saleen that is usually at AED. I think the fact of you bringing up the built Saleen is rather funny as the car has no backseat and has a "fully built motor" The guy who owned the car before Sean G. Went like 11.2 on the stock motor so with a built motor that's what it ran not very impressive to me.

But cool we got it you nut swing for AED because you obviously like getting butt raped and others obviously don`t so we will leave it at that :beer:

I'm not really complaining, but yea I can see how you see it like that.. I'm just stating that what he said isn't the case.. He does tune E85 btw. As for the Saleen that's Drew's car the installer, also that was on 11lbs of boost.. BTW I dont' know why vjay88 is saying it's his Cobra it's actually his moms.. Kidna funny but oh well. I don't really want to argue with this just wanted to post some facts instead of he said she said bullshit.. Interwebs is real business and so is street racing so you guys keep going at it.. Just thought that I should state some facts instead of assumptions.. :beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
My car has gone 11.0 At 124 with a whipple and a cutback.. That's it. I have a built teksid going in, with e85, more boost, a small shot, and a solid rear. What do you think it will be good for then? 300lbs gone and a 150 more hp idk lol more than a mid 10 I would think

So with a whipple and 550hp with an auto you ran 11.0?.... Thats damn near what I run with a stock bottom end ls1 with less then 430hp lol

A 1.6 60ft with an auto isn't that great either.That car should be in the low 1.5 area.I can do a 1.6 or better with my 6 speed. Well you can guess all day about what it "should" run but until you get out there and run it who cares.

Remember.... If all else fails just throw more money at it :lol1:

my92gt

Established Member
Guys I've always said it Shaun@AED for motor building and Greg@RET for tuning... And bottom line is It all comes down to the driver on how fast a car goes..

hurley383

Established Member
I'm not really complaining, but yea I can see how you see it like that.. I'm just stating that what he said isn't the case.. He does tune E85 btw. As for the Saleen that's Drew's car the installer, also that was on 11lbs of boost.. BTW I dont' know why vjay88 is saying it's his Cobra it's actually his moms.. Kidna funny but oh well. I don't really want to argue with this just wanted to post some facts instead of he said she said bullshit.. Interwebs is real business and so is street racing so you guys keep going at it.. Just thought that I should state some facts instead of assumptions.. :beer:

I know he tunes E-85 now only because of Vjay88`s lightning he was the first to ask Shaun he said no then we went somewhere else and went back laid down like 112 more hp then before. He then noticed the gains that you can have with E-85 and then started looking into it. Allen Gt500 tvs was Shauns first tune on E-85 as far as i know. And yes Drew bought the Saleen from Sean G. I think its sorta funny that thats how Shaun reffers to the cobra as Vjay88s moms car hahaha. But again who cares lol we all are here for our own opinions.:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So with a whipple and 550hp with an auto you ran 11.0?.... Thats damn near what I run with a stock bottom end ls1 with less then 430hp lol

A 1.6 60ft with an auto isn't that great either.That car should be in the low 1.5 area.I can do a 1.6 or better with my 6 speed. Well you can guess all day about what it "should" run but until you get out there and run it who cares.

Hey now I say, I resent that remark.. Everything did fail and I did throw more money at it ahahahaha.. effing mustangs.:beer:

hurley383

Established Member

Lol i think its funny that you think his time is some how bad. His car is a vert, is stock bottom end going threw motor swap now, and he had some 1.57 60fts but for the IRS thats pretty good actually and its not like that was a slick or anything. What sort of 60ft have you actually pulled in your camaro? But i know everyone in the bay knows how big and bad your car is :loser: :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ LOL you're probably right.. I'm about to buy a effing lifted 350 and so then when people wanna race I'll just run them over >>> I win :beer:

hurley383

Established Member
Very true ^

Back on Topic both AED and RET will do ok tunes AED will be more conservative then RET and some other issues Shaun might require a few more things. Im all about power so my answer is RET :rolling: :beer: fellas

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Right also as I said when I txt'd the OP you can alway scheck out All out Performance in Fresno..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
They do pretty much everything except engine builds I believe.. So tuning, installs, fabrication, etc.. Nate (the owner) is a pretty sick guy from what I've heard.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Shaun just finished tuning a GT500 with E85 and plans to continue doing so, just saying. Shaun does tune super conservative which can be looked at as putting down less numbers than those who tune a bit more aggressive like RET.

Allens car was less than impressive in the gains he had. in the end he gained 2/10ths at the track and for all the hoops that sean made go through to go E85 was not worth it, in my opinion

Really?? Here's a 3.4L auto running 9's

YouTube - ‪AEDHP's Channel‬‏

Yea this car is slow too. Yea running 8's isn't fast at all.

I'm really starting to think that you are just really mad that your didn't do as well as you had hoped, probably due to driver error. Saying that Shaun and AED doesn't have the fastest cars and that Southern CA cars do is just stupid. Here are some facts..
1. AED is in Shingle Springs and there isn't a lot of cars that will drive up there for a tune.
2. They are smaller than RET and don't sponsor as many cars as RET does.
3. RET is pretty much located in the premium spot being in Socal where there is more money and more cars.

Again driver error for the 11.0.. I hate to keep picking this apart but I mean really.. Here is a prime example of how a how with low boost would run with a decent driver..

YouTube - ‪AED built Saleen 2V goes 10.7 @ 128 (11lbs of boost)‬‏

So before you go and hate that AED's cars are slower, can't run, don't run 10's, blah blah blah maybe go and read on how much shit goes into making a pass or running a car in general. You can't just slap a huge blower on it make stupid dyno numbers and expect it to run 9's because that's what you saw on YouTube and on the forums..

Yeah okay dude:rolling: Jeffs car has been worked on for over 10 years, and the 3.4 is the shops car, and the saleen is drews car. Your kinda prooving my point about them making sure their cars are fast but not really their customers.:lol1:

Most if not all the people who "show up just for a tune" don't ever run good times.

Wow! he tuned one car on E85 and it went 2/10s faster with better 60fts than before as well. That's Impressive.
When I switched to e85 I gained oh.... IDk 1.5 seconds...... hmmm good tuning there.

Yea it was in her name but its mine now, whatever, don't believe me. Cool. Don't give a ****. There's an assumption for you.:dw:

So its not what you run. Your slower, cool. where was your 430 at? Newtech? Yeah that probably would be close to 500 on AED's dyno.

1.5s with a stock irs on 555rs? Id like to see that.:bored:

Why don't we run your car against my truck this weekend.? I would like to do that. Just in good fun.:beer:

I know he tunes E-85 now only because of Vjay88`s lightning he was the first to ask Shaun he said no then we went somewhere else and went back laid down like 112 more hp then before. He then noticed the gains that you can have with E-85 and then started looking into it. Allen Gt500 tvs was Shauns first tune on E-85 as far as i know. And yes Drew bought the Saleen from Sean G. I think its sorta funny that thats how Shaun reffers to the cobra as Vjay88s moms car hahaha. But again who cares lol we all are here for our own opinions.:beer:
:rockon:

Last edited:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Allens car was less than impressive in the gains he had. in the end he gained 2/10ths at the track and for all the hoops that sean made go through to go E85 was not worth it, in my opinion

Yeah okay dude:rolling: Jeffs car has been worked on for over 10 years, and the 3.4 is the shops car, and the saleen is drews car. Your kinda prooving my point about them making sure their cars are fast but not really their customers.:lol1:

Most if not all the people who "show up just for a tune" don't ever run good times.

Wow! he tuned one car on E85 and it went 2/10s faster with better 60fts than before as well. That's Impressive.
When I switched to e85 I gained oh.... IDk 1.5 seconds...... hmmm good tuning there.

Yea it was in her name but its mine now, whatever, don't believe me. Cool. Don't give a ****. There's an assumption for you.:dw:

So its not what you run. Your slower, cool. where was your 430 at? Newtech? Yeah that probably would be close to 500 on AED's dyno.

Why don't we run your car against my truck this weekend.? I would like to do that. Just in good fun.:beer:

All I'm saying is AED tunes very conservative to protect customers cars. You never know what you are going to run into out here with our shit 91 so he tunes accordingly. Yeah anyone can do a more aggressive tune, make better numbers, and run faster times but its that much closer to damaging things that are not cheap to replace. I'd rather be happy with my lower numbers knowing mine won't come apart anytime soon, then again Im not one to see who can win a pissing match anyway so I don't need the aggressive tuning in the first place. AED builds great motors and tunes conservatively, go into knowing this and make your choice from there. No need to shit all over them for being cautious about what they put their name on. Hell, if it means they stay in business longer good for them, they still get business all day long from those that don't need to have a tune that is on the edge.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Lol i think its funny that you think his time is some how bad. His car is a vert, is stock bottom end going threw motor swap now, and he had some 1.57 60fts but for the IRS thats pretty good actually and its not like that was a slick or anything. What sort of 60ft have you actually pulled in your camaro? But i know everyone in the bay knows how big and bad your car is :loser: :beer:
I've pulled some decent 60fts on my stock 17" wheel with dr's and a 6 speed. Its not big and bad just runs how it should

You are assuming i'm slower and there is no way in hell my car is gonna put down 500 at aed lol. And I didn't say 430 i said less then 430. I'm down to run as long as its not a waste of time.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
All I'm saying is AED tunes very conservative to protect customers cars. You never know what you are going to run into out here with our shit 91 so he tunes accordingly. Yeah anyone can do a more aggressive tune, make better numbers, and run faster times but its that much closer to damaging things that are not cheap to replace. I'd rather be happy with my lower numbers knowing mine won't come apart anytime soon, then again Im not one to see who can win a pissing match anyway so I don't need the aggressive tuning in the first place. AED builds great motors and tunes conservatively, go into knowing this and make your choice from there. No need to shit all over them for being cautious about what they put their name on. Hell, if it means they stay in business longer good for them, they still get business all day long from those that don't need to have a tune that is on the edge.

This is spot on! :beer: But what I don't like about sean the most, is that he wont put it on the edge even if you tell him to. Its your tune he should fit you, the simple fact is he wont. His combo or no tune, and personally I do not see why people would put up with that.

To make a suggestion would be one thing, but to tell people no, unless its my way, I wont tune that, Just shows a lack of effort, and Un open mindness. Those are traits that I do not want in my tuner.

Last edited:

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
I've pulled some decent 60fts on my stock 17" wheel with dr's and a 6 speed. Its not big and bad just runs how it should

You are assuming i'm slower and there is no way in hell my car is gonna put down 500 at aed lol. And I didn't say 430 i said less then 430. I'm down to run as long as its not a waste of time.

Well unless you are pulling 10 sec time slips I don't see how it would be a waste of your time. With less than 430, unless your car is stripped out to nothing, I dont see 10's. Oh, and If you think I wont notice if you try to spray, Ill know, and I know LS cars love spray. 11 seconds vehicles on the street is always a good time:pepper:

So lets make it happen.:-D

hurley383

Established Member

Your talking like we say he sucks just because his conservative tunes.. yes the tunes are conservative but he also pisses and moanes about things like tuning with different fuel ect. It took someone asking him to do it him saying no the person coming back with really no other mod but the change in fuel andicking up 112hp on aed dyno and dropping 1.5 seconds in the 1/4 driver all on a stock motor that was finally retuned by someone else. The complaint is he does NOT want to work with you about things you want done. Where every tuner I have delt with will atleast work with you a little on what sort of tune you want. That's the major complaint here :)

Shaun@AED

Please keep the lies to a minimum.
Josh's lightning came in with more boost and more timing qlong with E85 to make the gains posted.

Allen's GT500 was FUEL ALONE to make an extra 50RW.
Track times won't necessarily improve if power is added to an already overpowered car. We are talking about a 2 ton car with over 700RW on drag radials after all.

The 3.4L is NOT a shop car.
The Slowleen shows what we can do with a 2V and a stock intake.
We also have a customer running mid 10's in an '02 vert. Anyone who goes to Sac Raceway on a regular basis will see that car.
We recently got an Eaton 03 project car into the 10's. The new owner swapped gears so it now runs low 11's.
Blue devil still consistantly runs 9's and drives beautifully on the street. I'm assuming this is the car Hurley says Has gone thru AED motors. (uninformed as most Internet haters are)

Bla, bla, bla. I could go on, but why bother. Haters are gonna hate.
Point being we have no control over what our customers do with their cars. It takes a LOT more than just dyno power to run good numbers at the dragstrip.

Yes, I tune on the conservative side. Typically 2-3 degrees less timing than 'the ragged edge' and 11.5:1 A/F in real world conditions. However, I DO give the customer options to lean out the A/F AND add timing with options in the X-Cals.
I gave Josh those options! The customer can adjust timing and A/F at their own risk! Take some responsibility and add timing yourself and it's on you if the motor blows! I gave you that option!

As for E85 tuning, as I explained way back when. I did not feel comfortable tuning with a fuel I knew very little about. You 2 jokers sent me all kinds of info and from there I did more research. E85 is a great fuel, but it does have some shortcomings. We had to address these issues BEFORE attempting a tune on a customers vehicle.

I have zero issues with the fuel now, however I DO require the setup to be correct. As with all cars I tune. I reserve the right to refuse service to anybody.
Bad mouthing behind a keyboard is easy to do and very common these days. By ensuring the vehicle is setup correctly I minimize the liability we take every time we stap a customers car down on the dyno and run it at WOT to 150mph.

Users who are viewing this thread