turbo 5.0's

Voltwings

Established Member
Look up the world time attack challenge... Granted most are 4-6 cylidners, every single one is turbo'd to north of 500 whp. Yes, they all have large amounts of Aero and crazy tires, but such is to be expected from a very competative class. A turbo is all about how you set it up to put power down. My back ground is in turbo 4's, and i have a guy putting 456 wtq through the front wheels on 245 nitto 555s all day.

I dont mean to sound condescending when i say this, but i dont think most people on this forum understand true boost control, because most of the coyote turbo kits are just running spring pressure of 5-7 psi or so. Theres not really any "control," like that, the turbo is basically just on or off. Granted, when running that low of a spring pressure, and STILL making 550-600 whp, it is difficult to offer a large amount of control, but the point is with an electronic boost control solenoid it can be done.

/threadjack.

CSG

Established Member
I am a road racer. Centrifugal is the way to go for multiple laps with a V8 Mustang. Time attack any will do as you only make one lap at a time.

hand-filer

Established Member
Why is a turbo a bad choice? That would be highest on my list by far.
Lower inlets than a PD blower, and more torque than a centri. More than that you ca do boost by gear and rpm, and customize boost curves with AR sizing. I'd think a PD would be the worst of them between inlets and a light switch gas pedal. Keeping the rear end behind the front tires might be challenging lol

Light switch gas pedal :lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread