turbo 5.0's

streetmuscle07

Established Member
What mods to the motor do yall do to handle 800-1200 whp?and besides coilovers what should i get for suspension.i looking to do road course and drag and the texas mile.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
you need a sleeved block with all the good stuff inside. by the way. a 1200rwhp car would make a shitty road course car.

Benchracer

Established Member
What mods to the motor do yall do to handle 800-1200 whp?and besides coilovers what should i get for suspension.i looking to do road course and drag and the texas mile.

Motor needs rods, pistons, oil pump gears and arp head studs. Thats it. As far as suspension, just get some good lowering springs from BMR, adjustable uca, lca, panhard bar, bmr rear sway bar relocation, and some adjustable struts/shocks.

streetmuscle07

Established Member
I would run the road course on a detune of around 650-700.thankyou for the help with the suspension.wouldnt a coilover be better than just a drop spring

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
I would run the road course on a detune of around 650-700.thankyou for the help with the suspension.wouldnt a coilover be better than just a drop spring

Coilover would give you the option to adjust height also but if you went adjustable shocks and springs you'd still be able to adjust enough for your application.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Like stated before, a turbo car does not a good road course car make, A PD blower would be the best, but a Centri car would work well also. For 1000whp+ you would need Whipple 4.0+ or a YSI / F1C size head unit... As for the motor, you will need a sleeved block, billet rods, forged pistons, oil pump gears, ARP hardware. You will also need a fuel system, E85/race gas, and if you have an MT82 you will need to throw it in the trash and get something different.

Benchracer

Established Member
I have to disagree with the turbo cars not making good road race cars. With a correctly sized turbo, you can have a good road course car. There used to be a guy in the dsm community(cant remember his name) that had a fwd 4cyl turbo car that won the scca championship in his class one or two years. Its all on how you set it up. Dont just throw a turbo on the car because it makes power. Do some research on the effects of different wheel combos, different turbine and compressor housings, etc. If turbochargers dont work well on road courses, why would they run them in f1 cars??

CPRsm

Why is a turbo a bad choice? That would be highest on my list by far.
Lower inlets than a PD blower, and more torque than a centri. More than that you ca do boost by gear and rpm, and customize boost curves with AR sizing. I'd think a PD would be the worst of them between inlets and a light switch gas pedal. Keeping the rear end behind the front tires might be challenging lol

Benchracer

Established Member
Why is a turbo a bad choice? That would be highest on my list by far.
Lower inlets than a PD blower, and more torque than a centri. More than that you ca do boost by gear and rpm, and customize boost curves with AR sizing. I'd think a PD would be the worst of them between inlets and a light switch gas pedal. Keeping the rear end behind the front tires might be challenging lol

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread