Turbo 400 swap for a cobra

1raresnake

Established Member
Dam so tempting. Had an auto before on my old cobra and it was a beast. Let me see if I could sell my t56.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Where does the shifter come up at for this set up since you reference including another console to not tear up original?

Sent via talk to text...mistakes expected.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
I bought this trans from this guy and it turned out to be a piece of shit. Don't buy from this guy. This was a stock th400 maybe 600hp max. I put 400 miles on it and sold it to a buddy and he tore it down and found what was in there. I paid $3500 for a piece of shit trans.

Last edited:

Dhenderson

Established Member
It's a shame you were TOTALLY ripped off. I guess he moved his shop from Pendleton, SC to Mooresville,NC for a reason. This is becoming more common in the racing community unfortunately.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
My car was in 2 different shops in Houston for over 2yr. Once I got it running I had a issue with my motor and sold everything. I was told by Rick it was a built th400 that can handle 1200hp and it only had 100 miles on it. I only put 400 miles on it to break in new motor.

Last edited:

stradt03

Established Member
My car was in 2 different shops in Houston for over 2yr. Once I got it running I had a issue with my motor and sold everything. I was told by Rick it was a built th400 that can handle 1200hp and it only had 100 miles on it. I only put 400 miles on it to break in new motor.

Ok makes sense. Do you have any kind of recourse at this point or is it to late, to bad.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Ok makes sense. Do you have any kind of recourse at this point or is it to late, to bad.
I sold the trans to my buddy so now I feel bad about what I sold him. He is going to rebuild it a my cost. I,am going to try and post picture up from what he sent me.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
received_1766361003590842_zpsqmitncvo.jpg

received_1766360996924176_zpsuvunugse.jpg

received_1766360986924177_zpsxdvnu8tb.jpg

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think most know not to deal with them anymore. I wish you would've started a new thread and referenced this one.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
The trans had stock clutches and steels(no alto or kolene) so low hp.
Had stock drum with 34 element sprag(800hp Max)
Stock intermediate shaft
stock input shaft and drum
Etc
It was already slipping the sprag and burning the clutches on 700rwhp break-in tune.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
The trans had stock clutches and steels(no alto or kolene) so low hp.
Had stock drum with 34 element sprag(800hp Max)
Stock intermediate shaft
stock input shaft and drum
Etc
It was already slipping the sprag and burning the clutches on 700rwhp break-in tune.

That's ****ed up someone would sell shit like this. I lost a lot of money on this deal. This dude RICK is a piece of shit...

bogdansnotch

Established Member
That's ****ed up someone would sell shit like this. I lost a lot of money on this deal. This dude RICK is a piece of shit...

i would shatter his fingers with a hammer, how can u even be in a online community like this and try to screw over a member.... i understand doing it on craigslist but this is pathetic. i hope this guy sacks up and gives you some kind of refund, dont try to sell a "built" trans without knowing 110% its built. sorry buddy but we all get shafted sometimes. i learned to NEVER buy anything that expensive without documentation and/or receipts.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
i would shatter his fingers with a hammer, how can u even be in a online community like this and try to screw over a member.... i understand doing it on craigslist but this is pathetic. i hope this guy sacks up and gives you some kind of refund, dont try to sell a "built" trans without knowing 110% its built. sorry buddy but we all get shafted sometimes. i learned to NEVER buy anything that expensive without documentation and/or receipts.

100% right....... Never again

Users who are viewing this thread