Tuning to help spool?

slownbmta

Established Member
Do you guys add a ton of timing to help spool? Or add alot lot of fuel or what? My twin 57 car takes forever to spool. I have a 2 step and have played with the RPM's and stuff. Still takes forever. Here's a video that shows it pretty well. It makes no boost on the foot brake. And then takes a couple seconds on the transbrake. I'm just trying to get it dialed in now, but I will never win a race with the way it spools now.

th_DSCN0915.jpg

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Granted I've never had my car to the track but it sure as hell doesn't take "forever" to spool on the street??? I would almost consider the spool time of my 57's to be instantaneous, a 2.8 KB GT500 didn't pull on me at all from a roll and that was without me brake boosting.

It sounds to me like you have some sort of mechanical issue plaguing you. I would definitely recheck your wastegates and how you have your boost controller installed. Maybe you have weak/broken wastegate springs? You should have no trouble at all building boost on a 2-step.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Good luck josh. as for tuning goes. lean it out some on the brake and add timing down low in that area...

Users who are viewing this thread