Tuning sd tables on GT500

wildbillcody

Established Member
Any body have any info about going the right way to do this I have a gt500 with id1000 inj. 10% overdrive crank, full exhaust and vmp tvs and stock throttle body im trying to get straightened out. Everything runs perfect except a lean tip in issue that I can not get rid of I've worked the transient tables over and over again and lowered the intake manifold volume with little success and still it remains im at a loss. These cars don't use load with failed maf so I'm assuming most of the issue is in the sd tables.

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
You would increase manifold volume to help with lean tip in or tip out.

wildbillcody

Established Member
Really? Ive heard from allot of ford guys that you reduce the manifold volume to fix a lean tip in rich tip out

wildbillcody

Established Member
Yeah I've already tuned the FPVT for the DW pumps everything else is good. Since the first post I've added allot more to the transient gain and adjust some on the time constant and its allot better now it only slightly goes up to around 15.6 to 16 then comes back fast.

wildbillcody

Established Member
You would increase manifold volume to help with lean tip in or tip out.
I was under the assumption that lower the intake manifold it helps lean tip in rich tip out and making it larger would help rich tip in lean tip out but most of the time if you have a rich tip in the majority of the work that will be done is in the transient tables

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
I was under the assumption that lower the intake manifold it helps lean tip in rich tip out and making it larger would help rich tip in lean tip out but most of the time if you have a rich tip in the majority of the work that will be done is in the transient tables

Intake manifold volume is the amount of air volume in the intake between the valves and TB blade. Just like tuning the MAF, a increase in air results in a increase in fuel. Give it a try and see.

wildbillcody

Established Member
Intake manifold volume is the amount of air volume in the intake between the valves and TB blade. Just like tuning the MAF, a increase in air results in a increase in fuel. Give it a try and see.

I increased the volume to the factory settings for 13/14 tvs and didnt seem to make it any better ill play around with it a little more

Users who are viewing this thread