Tuning question

trsnake04

This current weekend i'm installing the steggy stage 4 with tb&pl, 40 amp bap, lfp heat exchanger, lfp intercooler res, and tr-6s. I have billetflow 2.76 with the 4 pulleys can i install the pulleys before i go get it tuned. The dyno is about 150 miles away and i will be driving the car there. i will be getting the x2 at the shop. And what setting should i put the bap at?

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Man, take it slow and whatever you do don't get anywhere near the boost before it's tuned. Personally I'd find a trailer.

phils04gt

Established Member
i have my bap running all the time and it is set at 100%. my tuner said that seeing it is running all the time it wouldnt matter what it is set to. "i didnt use that hobs switch or whatever it was, i just connected the two wires together.

WDW MKR

Established Member
phils04gt said:
i have my bap running all the time and it is set at 100%. my tuner said that seeing it is running all the time it wouldnt matter what it is set to. "i didnt use that hobs switch or whatever it was, i just connected the two wires together.

You're tuner is incorrect. Running it full-time just means you don't have a delay while waiting for boost to activate the BAP via the hobbs switch. By running it at 100%, you're likely working the pumps much harder than they need to be. You only want to add enough voltage to maintain FPDC in the mid/high-80s.

trsnake04

Thanks for all your info. Yeah i probably just have them installed there. Not worth build a new motor.For the price of installing them.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Regarding where you should set your BAP, a good starting point will be 20%. You can then log your FPDC and see where you're at. Most people don't need much above that until adding a lower. If you don't do the wiring upgrade, you will need to run the BAP higher. Keep in mind that maximum (100%) output on the BAP is actually "50%".

Users who are viewing this thread