Tuning Day In Des Moines Wit Bob Kurgan!

Vitoman

Established Member
We are putting together a tuning day with Bob Kurgan of kurganmotorsports.com and using Lund Motors dyno in Waukee, Iowa on April 11,12. Right now we are looking to do around 10 cars. You can contact Bob Kurgan for pricing or me and I will get a hold of him to find out for you. I would like to see everyone interested post below with mods list, vehicle and if you need a tuner or you already have one. You can add your name to the list by giving a $100 non refundable deposit to lock in your time that will be going straight to Bob for confirmation.

At this point it is looking like about $145+ or - per person for the dyno time we would pay to Lund Motors and that is for the weekend. Also, we are planning on a short session on Friday, depending on Bobs schedule that will consist of 1 or two cars that already have the spot reserved. If they dont get done Friday, they will go to Saturday AM slots.

Please post too what kind of gas you will be running to tune with, as we are trying to make sure Lunds has enough wideband replacements if they get burned up.

Here is the list so far-
1. Vitoman- Mustang, Cobra drivetrain, Hellion Hellraiser, C16, twin 61s and non ported blower, 2.8 upper and 2# lower, 160# injectors, BigStuff 3, 3.55 gears, 6 speed.

2. ICE VETTE- Kenne Bell 2.6, Comp Cam custom grind, 60# injectors, existing flash from MC Racing, Bassani long tubes, o/r catback, 3.42 gears, 110 race gas

3. Steve Bourne- 04 Cobra Kenne Bell 2.6, 3.0 upper pulley, NX 75 shot nitrous, Kurgan tune, 92/110 mix gas

4. ALLGO- Buick Grand National, lots of mods.

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Ryan count me in, I can stop by ICE tomorrow and drop off the deposit if you will be there!

2003 Cobra 2.76" Pulley , cat-back, heat exchanger, idlers. I am a slacker and going to run on 91-92 pump gas. I sold my Camaro so I didn't have to buy race gas. I will be buying a XCal from Bob also.

I would like a mid morning time on Saturday if possible

Corey

MachGT

parts, parts, gimme parts
Established Member
It will be a scramble, but count me in.

01 GT,

vortech v2sq, 3.33" pulley, aftercooler with 03 cobra heat exchanger
snow performance stage 2 kit
crower stage 2 blower cams
X-cal tuner (already have it)
91 octane pump gas
60# fuel injectors
03 cobra fuel tank and pumps
wideband commander
3.73 gears
TKO 500
SCT Big air MAF 3000

Not sure if there is anything else, I may have to mail a deposit check. I'm swamped with finishing the car, selling the house, and a big project at work

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'll have to see how my funds are, maybe I'll pick up a 4# pulley and supporting stuff before he comes to town. Just something for a little more kick.

IACobra

Established Member
you sure the #1 vehicle is not a jet? :)

We are putting together a tuning day with Bob Kurgan of kurganmotorsports.com and using Lund Motors dyno in Waukee, Iowa on April 11,12. Right now we are looking to do around 10 cars. You can contact Bob Kurgan for pricing or me and I will get a hold of him to find out for you. I would like to see everyone interested post below with mods list, vehicle and if you need a tuner or you already have one. You can add your name to the list by giving a $100 non refundable deposit to lock in your time that will be going straight to Bob for confirmation.

At this point it is looking like about $145+ or - per person for the dyno time we would pay to Lund Motors and that is for the weekend. Also, we are planning on a short session on Friday, depending on Bobs schedule that will consist of 1 or two cars that already have the spot reserved. If they dont get done Friday, they will go to Saturday AM slots.

Please post too what kind of gas you will be running to tune with, as we are trying to make sure Lunds has enough wideband replacements if they get burned up.

Here is the list so far-
1. Vitoman- Mustang, Cobra drivetrain, Hellion Hellraiser, C16, twin 61s and non ported blower, 2.8 upper and 2# lower, 160# injectors, BigStuff 3, 3.55 gears, 6 speed.

2. ICE VETTE- Kenne Bell 2.6, Comp Cam custom grind, 60# injectors, existing flash from MC Racing, Bassani long tubes, o/r catback, 3.42 gears, 110 race gas

3. Steve Bourne- 04 Cobra Kenne Bell 2.6, 3.0 upper pulley, NX 75 shot nitrous, Kurgan tune, 92/110 mix gas

4. ALLGO- Buick Grand National, lots of mods.

... and let me guess, you want yours tuned first, right???? do we want to plan on heading to Dallas Center sat night for ribs?

Forge

I am in.

2006 Mustang GT
- Hellion 62mm turbo
- 39lb injectors
- Steeda Billet CMDP's
- Twin ford GT fuel pumps
- SLP proflo exhaust
- using a SCT Xcal 2
- 92 octane

Due to driving a distance, i will have to be on Saturday, friday is not an option.

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Im might come up. Is it April 11 and 12. Can I get a address so I can map quest it. The TT is going to put down some nasty numbers.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
It's pretty easy to find... if you can find your way to Highway 6 (Also known as Hickman Rd), turn south on 4th street in Waukee and you'll see it on your left in a few blocks.

Vitoman

Established Member
UPDATE-
Due to Kurgans wifes due date for their first child being moved up, he is trying to see about rescheduling. He is set on coming to Des Moines to tune, just having some trouble locking in the date. I apologise for any inconvience, and was as disappointed as anyone else. But I will repeat that he told me numerous time over the phone last night that HE WANTS TO COME HERE. Just the first child being born thing is a little more important, as Im sure you all will agree. If people can wait until May he has a pretty free schedule. He also said he can do it during the week after the 26th of April as well as Sundays- Monday setups. Anybody want to offer some date suggestions?

Keep in mind this has to be a date agreed upon by not only Bob for tuning, but Lunds as the dyno operator and all of us as patrons. Please dont kill the messenger, just rying to get this figured out as quickly as possible...

Last edited:

MachGT

Established Member
I'd prefer to do it in may, that weekend of the 26th my fiance is coming down to visit so I'd rather not do it that weekend

Forge

that is ok, very understandable. I am still in as long as its by the first of May.

BTW - Can i paypal you the deposit once a date is set? Dont want to drive 3 hours just to drop off money.

Let me know.

- Forge

03snkvert

Established Member
How about May 3rd. Does this work for everyone? If so then Ryan can Talk to Lunds and Bob and see if we can get this locked down.

blackbetty94GT

94 Mustang GT
347stroker
e-303 cam
AODE with 3200/3400 stall
o/r h-pipe back to delta 40 flows
3.73 gears
87mm pro-m maf
24# injectors
255lph fuel pump
91 octane fuel
will need a tuner and chip (SCT)

Wow, this will actually work out better for me as I can have more time to save. Any weekend in may should work for me..

Last edited:

MachGT

Established Member
I guess I could do the 26th of april, She's coming down on the weekend before that.

Users who are viewing this thread