Tuners around Alabama

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
I use SpeedSouth in Pelham, AL been using them since 2009. They've tuned my L 4 times and a couple other vehicles. The tunes have been spot on a/f wise and had great drivability as well. They usually like to setup appointments later in the evenings, and the times I've been they close the office around 5 but the shop is usually kicking til 10-11pm.

Their website isn't too great - you'll be way ahead to call.
Edited by Mod. (No links to non vendors)

I've also used Walker Dyno Tune in Trussville, AL. I used them back in 2006-7, but can't seem to find anything on them anymore. Blake Walker tuned the L once and Ron Willis who also tuned on their dyno did it once. I heard they moved to a new location in the same area, but that's about all the input I have on them now. It was an ok experience with Ron, and great with Blake.

Here are a few pics of the SpeedSouth dyno area.

27705_397976729218_1075181_n.jpg

27705_397759679218_2474988_n.jpg

Last edited:

Irb Digital

SVT Truth Enforcement
Established Member
Brad at XXX Motorsports has made a good name for himself tuning Cobras. His shop is located in Pensacola Florida. Good shop, nice people, and they use a DynoJet.

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
I live in hsv also.

doug at c&l knows his stuff but wont tune for you. we do get a good discount if you pick up parts local though

speedsouth does good work but i wouldnt make the drive.

you need to call Slim's. His shop is in Lacy springs. As far as fords go in alabama he is 100% the guy to go to. Big boost stangs is his bread and butter. His prices are super fair and he is very easy to work with. He is proly the only shop id let touch my cobra.

also...did you jsut recently buy that mach? grey? electric cut outs?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
If you're in Northern AL just take the drive to Kurgan.. If you are in Southern AL I'd have to go with XXX Motorsports.

bluebullitt256

Established Member
I live in hsv also.

doug at c&l knows his stuff but wont tune for you. we do get a good discount if you pick up parts local though

speedsouth does good work but i wouldnt make the drive.

you need to call Slim's. His shop is in Lacy springs. As far as fords go in alabama he is 100% the guy to go to. Big boost stangs is his bread and butter. His prices are super fair and he is very easy to work with. He is proly the only shop id let touch my cobra.

also...did you jsut recently buy that mach? grey? electric cut outs?

Thanks for the tips. I will check out Slim's and see whats up. I bought the Mach back in April out of KY. 03 Torch red 5k original miles:-D. Im putting together a vortech kit and should have it put together sometime early 2013.

If you're in Northern AL just take the drive to Kurgan.. If you are in Southern AL I'd have to go with XXX Motorsports.

Kurgan for sure,he has probably done more vortech mach's then any two people combined

Kurgan's prices seem to be kind of high from whats listed on their website? $450 seems kinda steep to me but the only experience i have with dyno tuning is tagging along with a buddy to get his 96 cobra tuned a few years back.

bluebullitt256

Established Member
I use SpeedSouth in Pelham, AL been using them since 2009. They've tuned my L 4 times and a couple other vehicles. The tunes have been spot on a/f wise and had great drivability as well. They usually like to setup appointments later in the evenings, and the times I've been they close the office around 5 but the shop is usually kicking til 10-11pm.

Their website isn't too great - you'll be way ahead to call.

I've also used Walker Dyno Tune in Trussville, AL. I used them back in 2006-7, but can't seem to find anything on them anymore. Blake Walker tuned the L once and Ron Willis who also tuned on their dyno did it once. I heard they moved to a new location in the same area, but that's about all the input I have on them now. It was an ok experience with Ron, and great with Blake.

Here are a few pics of the SpeedSouth dyno area.

27705_397976729218_1075181_n.jpg

27705_397759679218_2474988_n.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out Speedsouth.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
450 is right in the price range of most of the tuners in the country..

AED charges 500 for F/I cars
XXX is around 450-500
Fastlane I think is around the same
Kurgan 450

They are all within the price range of tuning.. ;)

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Just have kurgans put the kit on then tune it that way you don't have to limp it anywhere!! He's got my car now doing a turbo install and tune and I thought his prices were more than fair.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
whats his larbor rate ???? and stay away from INJECTED ENGINEERING
I'll check my invoice to make sure. I know what he charged for the install but I'm not sure what that breaks down to per hour. Don't want to spread false info.
450? dam. thats 2x what I paid.

You get what you pay for and a tune is the LAST thing I would cheap out on..

Users who are viewing this thread