Tuner recommendations: Houston, TX

Kobreh

Established Member
Howdy,

I have a 2010 GT500 dd with axle-back exhaust, JLT CF inlet tube, and just received VMP 2.59" pulley with larger idler in the mail.

When installed, I will be looking for a place to get it tuned. It is mandatory, correct? Any recommendations?

What kind of rwhp? ~500? ~530?

Worried about voiding the warranty also...

Any input would be appreciated :beer:

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
yes you should get it tuned

if you want to be safe, if you ever bring it in for Warranty work... return it to stock first.

as to a tuner:

Home

jsarkis

Established Member
Fastlane, ask for Nick or Cole. Their probably the best in Houston. 713-600-8600 10541 1960 Rd. (near Jones Rd.)

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
there are many options, nick at fastlane will take care of you. slater's autworks does all of my work and they have a few shelby guys that go there as well, ask for alan 281 446 9491.

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE STRICTLY PERFORMANCE! if you want to know why then just search the name on this entire site.

Kobreh

Established Member
Thanks guys. I've asked for a price quote from all of them.

So far I've heard:

Strictly: $750 for dyno time and custom tuning
Future rates: $95/hr dyno time

Lund Racing: $200 for tunes, $350 for full remote logging and dyno session
(also needs Xcal 3 serial #)

Fastlane: $300 for dyno time and tuning
(also need $400 SCT X3)

Last edited:

Carlos c

Established Member
Patrick at PSI in Webster TX tuned mine.
Hard to get him on the phone so it's probably better if you just show up and setup an appointment. It's worth it!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
We will tune it! MHP does not trigger flash counters and mil/cel sensors! We manufacturer our own tuning such that dealer can not recognize our tunes from stock!

Pm or email me if you want further info!!!

In case you have not heard of us our n/a c63 outran the heffner tt r8(v8) at the mile in florida!!!:beer:

Coonsnake

Established Member
Jim D' Amore of JDM engineering is in Houston at the moment and will be down there for a couple of weeks. IMO he is the best their is. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Patrick at PSI in Webster TX tuned mine.
Hard to get him on the phone so it's probably better if you just show up and setup an appointment. It's worth it!

+1

i've had cars tuned at strickley, PSI and fastlane. i've heard stories about strickley and fastlane. are they true though :shrug:, i dont know. everyone has their favorite shop and are gonna bad mouth the others. I've also had work done at slaters, and I've had no problems out of any of them.

so choose wisely because if you go once you will be back for more once you get tired of that pulley swap!

Users who are viewing this thread