Tuned Coyotes with the 6R80

2012GT

Established Member
I've had the Steeda 93 tune since 1,000 miles and now have 19,000 miles. The tune immediately turned the car into an untamed animal just as I'm sure AED, BBR, VMP , Amazon and others have done for you. I'm wondering if anyone has the same traction/ shift issue that I have and if there is a tuner that offers a cure.--- At wot when the car shifts from 1-2 and the tires break loose, the car shifts into 3rd to get traction. The car gets traction and because the rpms are still low in 3rd and you're at wot the car shifts back down to 2nd to get back in the power band. So in essence you get a 1-2-3-2 shift pattern at wot if you're not on drag radials. Is there a tune/ tuner out there that addresses this issue for our bullet proof automatics?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
on my 13 auto I do not have that issue you have. my car at WOT will shift 1-2-3-4-5-6 without going back into a lower a gear to get traction. the only reason it will go back in a gear is it I let off the gas an get back on it. I Run at AED from shaun.

Last edited:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
VMP tune on 13 A6 with 26k mikes has never done this...its a tuning issue

2012csgt

Established Member
I've had the Steeda 93 tune since 1,000 miles and now have 19,000 miles. The tune immediately turned the car into an untamed animal just as I'm sure AED, BBR, VMP , Amazon and others have done for you. I'm wondering if anyone has the same traction/ shift issue that I have and if there is a tuner that offers a cure.--- At wot when the car shifts from 1-2 and the tires break loose, the car shifts into 3rd to get traction. The car gets traction and because the rpms are still low in 3rd and you're at wot the car shifts back down to 2nd to get back in the power band. So in essence you get a 1-2-3-2 shift pattern at wot if you're not on drag radials. Is there a tune/ tuner out there that addresses this issue for our bullet proof automatics?

I agree with you. When the car spins it shifts...period. Regardless of mph.

CorDog009

Established Member
Mine spins on the 1-2 shift but keeps pulling through the gears. I have a lag between the 1-2 at WOT though...kinda like missing a shift in a manual car..for about a little over a second and the pedal is still on the floor. When it shifts it's not like a powershift with a manual but more like hitting 7 grand, hitting the clutch, shifting and waiting a second, then releasing the clutch. If that makes sense.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

it's not an "update" that's needed. The proper shift points need to be dialed in.

This was an issue back in 2010 when the cars first started getting tuned. The reason being, they don't just shift on rpm, they shift on mph as well.

They need to be balanced out properly or you'll continue having the issue

CorDog009

Established Member
it's not an "update" that's needed. The proper shift points need to be dialed in.

This was an issue back in 2010 when the cars first started getting tuned. The reason being, they don't just shift on rpm, they shift on mph as well.

They need to be balanced out properly or you'll continue having the issue

Any idea on what mine's doing? About 2 posts up.

2012csgt

Established Member
Its the tune. The car has to meet a certain RPM and MPH before it shifts, they have it set too low

I disagree. If you go to the track, go through the water box and try to heat the tires up in DRIVE,the car will shift to 2nd than 3rd and you will be going zero mph. Try it. You'll see. Its not going to allow you to heat the tires up in drive and the tranny stay in 1st gear because the mph hasn't been reached. I think it the tranny shifts at a certain rpm OR mph. I dont think it has to meet both to shift.

Holovacko

Established Member
Op... It's the tune. I've used, Brenspeed, JPC and Lund. Never had that issue. A couple of years ago, Steeda didn't even do automatic trans tunes, just manual. I've read where they admitted to not having much automatic trans experience. I would try Lund or other shops with more automatic experience/success.

2012GT

Established Member
Op... It's the tune. I've used, Brenspeed, JPC and Lund. Never had that issue. A couple of years ago, Steeda didn't even do automatic trans tunes, just manual. I've read where they admitted to not having much automatic trans experience. I would try Lund or other shops with more automatic experience/success.

You're right. I love the guys at steeda but they are manual oriented and if I went mt82 I'd get a Steeda tune that day. I talked to Rick at Amazon and he knew what the car was doing before I even finished explaining it to him. Needless to say, I'm making a trip to NC as soon as I get a day off on a clear day. Looking to probably get a circle D installed as well.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
:beer:

Looking forward to meeting you.
Rick had that figured out a log time ago and now he has the LT cars not passing emissions programming figured out too.

Users who are viewing this thread