Tune issues on my 2012. Have you seen this?

2012GT

Established Member
First, let me say the car puts down amazing power and the tune is very safe and have had the tune since 1,000 miles on the car ( I now have 34,000). Without Dr's the car is out of control shifting. Here's the issue. At wot, the car shifts into 2nd blowing the tires up and immediately shifts into 3rd until the car gets traction and then down shifts back into 2nd because the rpm's are too low at wot in 3rd. So in essence, what I'm getting is a 1-2-3-2 shift at wot. Do any tuners have a cure for this and have you heard this issue addressed before. thanks.​

Journeyman27185

Established Member
Pretty sure this is normal. You need more traction, go for a softer shift, or feather the throttle. Your ECM only knows wheel speed, not vehicle speed, so it can't know about you blowing through second gear, it shifts into third because the wheel speed, rpm and throttle position dictate that. Hope that makes sence. If it didn't shift into third you would just sit at your rev limiter while blowing off the tires.

KushBandit

Established Member
Without Dr's the car is out of control shifting...

So it doesn't do this on drag radials? Doesn't sound like a tuning issue, sounds like a traction issue as Journeyman pointed out.

What are you running for street tires? Please don't say the stock P Zero Neros haha.

2012GT

Established Member
Pretty sure this is normal. You need more traction, go for a softer shift, or feather the throttle. Your ECM only knows wheel speed, not vehicle speed, so it can't know about you blowing through second gear, it shifts into third because the wheel speed, rpm and throttle position dictate that. Hope that makes sence. If it didn't shift into third you would just sit at your rev limiter while blowing off the tires.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, the shift is EXTREMELY abrupt through all of the gears at wot. It even chirps into 4th approximately 100+ mph. I've now heard that Amazon and VMP have addresed this issue with other auto tunes.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Yup my car did that on crappy tires. With better street tires it doesn't. 13/14 cars are blessed with select shift too so that's another way we get around that issue.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Odd feeling isn't it? My car use to do this but with the new v2 tunes from Bama it does not but I don't normally hammer it through 2nd. Very frustrating to say the least. I'm on street tires too and if I want to have a little fun I just feather it and wait for it to shift into 2nd then put the hammer down. 1st doesn't stand a chance with street tires anyways so there is no point and roasting your tires but I remember the 1st time this happenend to me I was just like WTF just happened lol

Users who are viewing this thread