Tune and JLT

blownstang01

Established Member
As of now, who has the best tune figured out on this tricor deal? I've always lean toward Lund. Looking to purchase a JLT cai and tune together. I'm reading conflicting results from around the web. What's the latest ?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^from my understanding, Lund is now able to effectively tune the X4, don't need to go to Ngauge. beefcake just hooked me up with a Lund tune and JLT cold air intake. I hope to have it installed and flashed in a few days, will let you know how it goes!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
^from my understanding, Lund is now able to effectively tune the X4, don't need to go to Ngauge. beefcake just hooked me up with a Lund tune and JLT cold air intake. I hope to have it installed and flashed in a few days, will let you know how it goes!

Id talk to JPC, AED, TSS, Rev Auto just to name a few. Id choose a quality Dyno tune though if at all possible.

blownstang01

Established Member
Please do, thanks!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Id talk to JPC, AED, TSS, Rev Auto just to name a few. Id choose a quality Dyno tune though if at all possible.

a remote tune is fine for bolt-on mods, custom dyno tune is always a better assuming the tuner is more competent then the best remote tuner....which isn't always the case. The issue at hand for me is that very few tuners have worked with 15 auto's, including AED, which was my first call. I have confidence in Lund though, and plan to get a custom dyno tune once boost and injectors are installed.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
a remote tune is fine for bolt-on mods, custom dyno tune is always a better assuming the tuner is more competent then the best remote tuner....which isn't always the case. The issue at hand for me is that very few tuners have worked with 15 auto's, including AED, which was my first call. I have confidence in Lund though, and plan to get a custom dyno tune once boost and injectors are installed.

Yep, the auto tunes are just now starting to hit the market.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
seems like there is a lot of issues with tuning these cars from hanging RPMs and the drive modes and what not. Im really curious to see how long it is before all these issues are sorted out.

14ksstang

Established Member
Yea my car was one of the first to have the hanging rpm. I wasn't getting anywhere with the data logging and tune revisions so I figured I'd wait a while till its all figured out and order a new tune.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford Racing CAI and tune for 5.0 and EB are on their way. another option.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I wouldn't run a Lund tune from what I have read on here about a customer that isn't getting his hanging rpm issue resolved, but just keeps getting a run around and doesn't ever seem to get fixed. I also contacted AED two weeks before my s550 showed up and he isn't doing any 2015 tunes yet. I contacted him again yesterday and he said it will be a couple more months yet before he starts. I currently have a LET tune but also suffer from the hanging rpm's when I push the clutch in. I am probably going to go with VMP once I get my exhaust done and switch to E85. FWIW I will NEVER EVER run a Bama or BBR tune ever again. I never had anything blow up but after taking my car to a local dyno and finding out that my knock sensors are turned off on my nitrous tunes didn't set to well with me. Every tuner is going to have some shitty tunes out there no matter where you look/read though to.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Dudes.. I don't want to qualify my information, bc I'm not going to toss a bunch of names out. But, most of the good 11-14 tuners will be good '15 tuners. Everyone needs to realize these new ecu's have 30 something tables compared to the previous 10 or so. We went from tuning mustangs to tuning a BMW basically.

Ford hasn't released enough data to these SCT type companies so they know how to locate the essential points. I'm working with a tuner not associated with mustangs, but extremely tenured. He tunes much more complicated systems, and guess what.. we're working out the hanging RPM. We've got it down to very minimal, actually it doesn't even do it most of the time. We just still don't know what causes the sporadic involvement. I'm currently only experiencing it on 1-2 shifts.

There's so damn much new bs software with TQ mgmt to all these apps/driving modes, and its all hard to locate. I've even had all systems off at one point, just to turn the car off/on and the car has re-enabled all of it itself haha. I'm in no way an educated tuner, or know much of anything about it beyond the basics. Me and another car local to him are providing as much data as we can for him to learn it.

Yell at Ford, and give these guys some time. Lund is working as hard as anyone to figure it out fyi.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
I'm looking forward to AED tunes, I have a Bama tune, all else stock. It drives good, some issues when it was first installed but after going back to stock and reinstalling, no issues. It isn't too aggressive, seems tame but no idle or driving issues. I have a 2015 Premium 6spd Auto with 3.55 gearing.

Gamble13GT

Established Member
I'm looking forward to AED tunes, I have a Bama tune, all else stock. It drives good, some issues when it was first installed but after going back to stock and reinstalling, no issues. It isn't too aggressive, seems tame but no idle or driving issues. I have a 2015 Premium 6spd Auto with 3.55 gearing.

Im running a tune from Ken from Lund Racing with my 15. Only mod is a JLT and I couldn't be happier with it. Any updates can only make it better.

These new cars are going through the same thing that happened in 2005. It takes time to get it dialed in correctly. And I know for a fact the Lund Racing side has been working very hard at this.

Users who are viewing this thread