Tucson Cobra owners?

I know alot of you guys check this site. I was wondering if we are going to ever get together at SIR for one of the morning T&T events. I was wondering if anyone wanted to head out there this Saterday the 5th. I know all the guys hang on speedway until 12 mid or so and then to the SPOT. Two weeks ago I was out and it seemed that alot of Mustangs and Cobras showed up. It was cool as Hell. Hope to see you all out soon!
Brian :beer:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Do they do any Friday night test and tunes? Got to thinking. If they have one on March 18th that would be perfect. Take the car to the T&T Friday night, then to Coolidge on Saturday for the road coarse! :pepper:

AzDropTop

Established Member
They are racing today? Bummer. Doubt I'll make it out-It's long ride day today and I see Mt. Lemon in my near future. Have fun. Hey Chris, website is www.sirace.com for the schedule.
Rick

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Well wouldn't you know it! They have a T&T the 18th starting at 4pm :pepper: I can drag race Friday night and road race Saturday! :pepper: :pepper: Now thats my kind of weekend. Let's get everybody to show up to at least one event, if not both of them! Rick, you up for both nights??? How late do you think they will go? 4 will be a little early for us to get into town. I could be there that early, but the wife usually doesn't get home from work until about 4 :bash:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Well wouldn't you know it! They have a T&T the 18th starting at 4pm :pepper: I can drag race Friday night and road race Saturday! :pepper: :pepper: Now thats my kind of weekend. Let's get everybody to show up to at least one event, if not both of them! Rick, you up for both nights??? How late do you think they will go? 4 will be a little early for us to get into town. I could be there that early, but the wife usually doesn't get home from work until about 4 :bash:

Hey Chris,
I am off on the 18th as well so I'd be up for a little TandT too. Kari doesn't get off of work until 6ish and wont be home until 6:30 anyway. I'm not really sure how long they race or how late they tech folks in. I'll do some research and let you know. What time are you thinking you guys will get here? 7:30 - 8?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yeah thats what I am thinking. Kristen told me to go on my own and she would drive out there when she got off, but I reminded her how she won't want to drive home on Sunday. She hates driving longer than 30 minutes or so it seems. Might be a good idea to bring the truck too though. I could put the ET streets in the back of the truck, along with the tool boxes. Never know when I may break something :uh oh: I will know on Saturday if the rims I am picking up from David (EPCobra) will fit on my car or not. If they do, I will do my best to find a way to bring them and have the ET Streets on them. :beer: That probably means 2 cars...

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Yeah thats what I am thinking. Kristen told me to go on my own and she would drive out there when she got off, but I reminded her how she won't want to drive home on Sunday. She hates driving longer than 30 minutes or so it seems. Might be a good idea to bring the truck too though. I could put the ET streets in the back of the truck, along with the tool boxes. Never know when I may break something :uh oh: I will know on Saturday if the rims I am picking up from David (EPCobra) will fit on my car or not. If they do, I will do my best to find a way to bring them and have the ET Streets on them. :beer: That probably means 2 cars...

Sounds like tech closes somewhere between 8 and 9? I'm thinking if we can't get there before or right about 8 then it won't be worth the 20 bucks!? Keep me posted.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I talked to Kristen and I have her pretty much convinced to take 2 cars out there. I told her I would drive home with the boy in the car since she would be driving out there with him. Also told her it would be in our best interest incase I shredded the tires or anything broke on the car. I am also suppose to be leaving Sunday on a business trip for a week, so I may make that a later flight out of El Paso Sunday so we can leave Sunday morning and she won't have to worry about driving late Saturday night. Should be a great weekend! :rockon: With that being said, I will work a 1/2 day Friday and be out there by 4 :rockon:

03soniccobra01, you going to try and make both events?

Chris

Chris[/QUOTE]
I got to check with the "war department"...But shes into it so I don't think it will be an issue! :lol:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
I talked to Kristen and I have her pretty much convinced to take 2 cars out there. I told her I would drive home with the boy in the car since she would be driving out there with him. Also told her it would be in our best interest incase I shredded the tires or anything broke on the car. I am also suppose to be leaving Sunday on a business trip for a week, so I may make that a later flight out of El Paso Sunday so we can leave Sunday morning and she won't have to worry about driving late Saturday night. Should be a great weekend! :rockon: With that being said, I will work a 1/2 day Friday and be out there by 4 :rockon:

Chris

Sweet!
I just had to replace 2 practically new tires! :bash: The outside of both fronts was worn down big time!!!! I believe the alignment done right after my suspension work is the cause, but of course the shop said the toe in?out was a little off, but not enough to cause the damage done. B.S. So what did I get? $60 off my new tires. blah!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
The war department!! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

At least they gave you something back on the tires though Rick. They coulda laughed at you! :lol1: We can button up the details as we get a little closer. Should be a good time. I am getting more money in as we speak for side work, and b-day money so I will definately have a few extra $$ to spend. Looking at some new pads, getting the extra rotors turned and installed for the track, SS brake lines, and some new fluid to hold up to the track. :beer:

BullittSleuth

Established Member
Hiya, been reading these boards a long time (I'm over at IMBOC usually) but I never looked in this section!

I might be able to make it to that 18th Tn'T...that is if people are still going.

AzDropTop

Established Member
I'll PM you my cell and if you want to hook up with Chris and I give me a call!
We have a SVTOA driving event in march as well that you are welcome to come to. In fact you can join the National and Local SVTOA if you want!

AzDropTop said:
I'll PM you my cell and if you want to hook up with Chris and I give me a call!
We have a SVTOA driving event in march as well that you are welcome to come to. In fact you can join the National and Local SVTOA if you want!

I am going to.

Hey you got FF plate on your cobra?
I saw you the other day in the morning in front of secrist MS..I was droping off my kids at school..
If that was you your car is sweet!
Whats up w/the top!
I know where you could get it cleaned to like new white!
Later! :beer:

AzDropTop

Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
I am going to.

Hey you got FF plate on your cobra?
I saw you the other day in the morning in front of secrist MS..I was droping off my kids at school..
If that was you your car is sweet!
Whats up w/the top!
I know where you could get it cleaned to like new white!
Later! :beer:

that was me. I live in Mesquite Ranch so I drive down Houghton all the time and I work at Station 13-pantano and stella. Were you in your cobra?

My top for the most part is in nice condition material wise, but it has stains that I can't seem to get out no mater what. I did also just mess it up at the car wash the other day with the high pressure sprayer. Got a little too close and 'pushed' the vinyl a litle. Just figured I would start looking around for a replacement. The outside vinyl skin is only about 160.00 bucks, but I would have to do the rear window section also since the color would be off and that part is another 160 or so. Most likely I will wait awhile! I am interested in having it cleaned if you know a good place. Would you mind dropping me an email? [email protected] with the info.

We can all hook up at the TandT! If you would like to carpool up to Phoenix with us for the Pavillions show on the 19th let me know that as well. There is usually about 5 or 6 cars that will meet near Valencia and I10 to make the trek up.
Rick

NO...I was in the Silver 05 F-150 4x4 that was Right next to you as We went in front of the scool, You went stright and I turned in!

Looks like another system is moving in for Friday through Sunday! next week, so the t and t and car show will prob get rained out! :burn: :bash:

I love the rain but wish it would not rain on the week ends!!! :thumbsup:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Looks like we have a test and tune this Saturday at 9am. The 18th we were discussing is in March. Sorry if I dorked that up. :bash: My bad :) Racing starts at 10. If you are wanting to go up to the Pavillions with us the tandt probably wont be worth the 20 bucks for 1 or 2 runs since we will most likely be leaving around 12:30 or so. Not firmed up yet! In March we are hoping for a Friday tandt and then the Cooliage road stuff on Saturday. Should be a goodtime. Have you checked out our local SVTOA website? www.svtoaz.com Last I knew it wasn't completely finished, but it is started and looking good so far. :)

Chris. Tech closes at 8 on Fridays!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Rick, it looks like we are bringing both the truck and the car that weekend. I would rather have the truck there and not need it, than to not have it and need it. Besides, that will allow for me to leave work early and get to the track around 4. Kristen probably won't get out of town until after 4, and if I waited for her, more than likely I would miss the tech. As soon as I get the car back, I will get with my buddy and see if those rims he has will work on my car. If so, we are good to go with the ET Streets for that night. Just need to take a jack and some tools with :beer:

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread