Tucson Cobra owners?

Hey all....I had a great time at the dyno and am glad to meet all you guys....Maybe next time we wiil all get more!(HP):)

Ever notice how 400 ok then 450 is ok then 475 is ok then 500!!!!OK

WHEN WILL IT END...................: LOL :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I was hoping to swing by there today when I picked up the Cobra, but had to be back here in Cruces by 4pm. Just barely made it with all the idiots on the road between here and there. Still think you will make the T&T on the 18th?

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
Hey all....I had a great time at the dyno and am glad to meet all you guys....Maybe next time we wiil all get more!(HP):)

Ever notice how 400 ok then 450 is ok then 475 is ok then 500!!!!OK

WHEN WILL IT END...................: LOL :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey hey hey. I was happy with 297 HP....LOL
Great meeting you guys too! Did Tony tell you of my battery problems following the dyno? Stalled at 22 and Swan!!!! About 10 cars behind me. I jumped out and pushed her into the 7-eleven. Wife gave me a jump and headed over to Ford. They put in a new battery for free-it was under warranty. Take care,
Rick

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Rick, I picked up the rims today from David in El Paso. We noticed they rub against the tie rod on the rear end. Looks like I will have to grind that down to get them to work on the car. I don't know for sure if I want to do that or not. Waiting to see if anybody else has done it.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Rick, I picked up the rims today from David in El Paso. We noticed they rub against the tie rod on the rear end. Looks like I will have to grind that down to get them to work on the car. I don't know for sure if I want to do that or not. Waiting to see if anybody else has done it.

I've heard of people shaving IRS bolts? Maybe? We need to find you some wheel spacers. What size are the new wheels again? I've got some 25mm's coming to my house as we speak.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I think your spacers may work for when we hit the track. I called the mechanic I always take the car to here locally, and he doesn't see there being an issue with me griding down on that knuckle, so long as I leave enough meat in there to hold everything together. I really don't think I will need to take much out of it, so it shouldn't be too bad. I will let you know tomorrow night when I do this. I'll take pictures of the rims and the work tomorrow also. I looked through Summit online and couldn't find the pictures. Also, I'll be running tubes on these since thats how he had the rims set up. That'll be a first for me.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Here are the pictures of the rims....

DSCF0323.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

Chris

Way2QWK

Established Member
were does every one hang out on speedway???. have not been out since everyone stopped parking at coaches deli a few years back.

Let me know when your going out and I will tell you where they are all at....Differant place every weekend!!!
"Keeps THEM guessin'"
Them=Crime fighters!

AzDropTop

Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
Let me know when your going out and I will tell you where they are all at....Differant place every weekend!!!
"Keeps THEM guessin'"
Them=Crime fighters!

ha ha. What's up man!

Way2QWK

Established Member
I do remember seeing some peolpe hanging out at the Park mall once, went by again the next week and it was just hondas. Have not been back since. The cruising scene in tucson has just died in the last 5 years. The best time since I have been in Tucson was 98-2000 at Coaches Deli. Jam packed every Fri-Sat night. Those were the days. Lots of nice muscle cars. About a year ago there was a good crowd at the Chevron at Kolb/I-10 but I guess the cops shut that down. Was out on speedway this past weekend and noticed the subway lot at craycroft was full. is that just a honda hang out???

still do the cheveron thing every now and again...But mostly just at park place on sat nights....We cuz when we get the chance! Cops are such a$$ clowns when it comes to us cruzing...SO we find a spot and Chill! Don't know yet but will post Sat. afternoon where that spot will be this weekend. :thumbsup:

Z O SICK

Established Member
Way2QWK said:
I do remember seeing some peolpe hanging out at the Park mall once, went by again the next week and it was just hondas. Have not been back since. The cruising scene in tucson has just died in the last 5 years. The best time since I have been in Tucson was 98-2000 at Coaches Deli. Jam packed every Fri-Sat night. Those were the days. Lots of nice muscle cars. About a year ago there was a good crowd at the Chevron at Kolb/I-10 but I guess the cops shut that down. Was out on speedway this past weekend and noticed the subway lot at craycroft was full. is that just a honda hang out???

Hey, how's it going. this is tony. I use to go to choaches Deli all the time. This was before they said we could not park there anymore. I had a 01 Z28 with H/C. I have an 03 cobra. PM me if you are going out and i will tell you where we are going to meet up at.

Tony

Way2QWK

Established Member
The rain ruined my plans again. was going to take my Buick out tonight, but it dont get driven on wet roads. Going to track on 18th. Its a friday.who is going???

Z O SICK

Established Member
Way2QWK said:
The rain ruined my plans again. was going to take my Buick out tonight, but it dont get driven on wet roads. Going to track on 18th. Its a friday.who is going???

Me and a buddy with his 04 will be going. I'm running 17lbs but i might have to see what i run on the 21lb pulley :eek:

Tony

NightEnforcer

Established Member
JSTA46 You do suck, but I like you anyway. You ran a Supra a few weeks back. Do you have any movies of the run? I know the guy, and he said he would like a copy if you did record the encounter.

Users who are viewing this thread