TTSaleen Ride Along Part 2 - Video

CM5878

Established Member
Nice to hear that youve held onto this car for so many years. People always get bored quickly and sell their projects, its never ending.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Bad ass SN95 crazy fun burnout . Bad thing is running into a vehicle that puts power down to the ground ,wont take much to put a hurting on you considering how your car hooks up on the street .
haters ,, lol im sure a man with a car like that can drive it to its fullest and im sure he was just messing around having fun, and yes love this car

Yes. I had it turned up a little more than I usually run it on pump gas (93). I typically only run around on 15 pounds of boost. I had it cranked up a little (17.5#) and my M/T's were at about 26# of air instead of the 19# I run at the track. I also was just trying to scare the crap outta my brother! LOL! :beer:

Twin turbo and auto. Solid combo.
What's it's best pass at the track?
you will never beat turbo and auto. deadly combo

I agree. I ran a T56 for a couple of years.
Best I could ever get was low 11's @ 145 mph with the T56.

In 2009, at the 5.0 Mustang's King of the Street Competition, I broke the driveshaft and rear tail housing/shaft of my T56. Later I found my driver-side Moser Axle was also bent!!

I was hard-headed and thought I didn't want to give up my manual. But after breaking a bunch of parts, I finally saw the light and put a 4R70W in it with a Precision Industries convertor.
The car felt like it gained over 200hp! The boost was instant/linear compared to the T56.
It was like I built a new combo! I kicked myself for not putting an auto in it sooner!
Guys like you (BLK_03) and others on here helped me make that decision! :beer:

I've only ran it once in this setup (auto, M/T 18" drag radials, and pump gas).
It went 10.30's @ 145mph during Mustang Week 2012. I'll dig up my video of it.
Basically at low boost (15#), slow-ramp-in of the boost, and pedaled it (spun top of 1st), it still ran that time.
It should be a mid to high 9 second car on pump gas on the 18's.

At Mustang Week 2013, I skipped the Drag Night and attended the Battle @ The Beach dyno competition.
1st pull it made 1,000rwhp (later it was determined that the dyno software was pegged due to a glitch that unfortunately wasn't realized until the day of the competition). 2nd pull I turned it up to 28# of boost as I was hoping to get over 1,200rwhp in the heat. Unfortunately it spun and I didn't get a good number (plus with the software glitch, it would have only shown 1,000hp again anyway).

I didn't really build it to be a drag car, which is why I still don't have a cage in it.
I've resisted the urge to race it anymore because it really isn't safe for the speeds it can achieve without a roll cage.

One of my favorite cars. Keep the vids coming!
Freakin sick!!! That might be my fav car on the site....
Nice to hear that you've held onto this car for so many years. People always get bored quickly and sell their projects, it's never ending.

Thanks guys. I basically just cruise around and play with the car occasionally. I've owned this car for over 12 years and changed combos on it 3 times (supercharged, twin turbo 2 valve, to current twin turbo 4 valve).
It's nice to have a car that really can do-it-all and be completely at home cruising to work in rush-hour traffic, or blazing down the 1/4 mile.
I've had other projects in the last few years that have kept me occupied (couple of SN95s, 93 fox coupe, and my current 08 GT500).
I completely understand how someone can get burnt out on trying to make-and-keep a fast car.
When I kept breaking T56s, I took a few months off and let the car sit. This helped me to not make any rash decisions (such as sell the car). After I had the cooling off period, I decided to fix it right (auto swap) and enjoy it.
It's been one of the best decisions I've made during this last build of the car.
As of June 2014, this project will be 5 years old! Hard to believe it's gone by so quickly! The engine and the turbos have been flawless with zero problems.

Not saying I would not sell it one day, but I've not had the urge to sell it as of yet.

Here's a couple of videos from Mustang Week 2012, the one and only time I've dragged this car with this combo.

[youtube_browser]2iSpAfiOPqQ[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]GY5K4aNOyjE[/youtube_browser]

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
awesome!!!!...whats the combo?

5.4 iron block
steel crank
billet rods
CP pistons
Ford GT heads (ported) and stock GT cams
Sullivan intake
Twin 67 mm turbos with air-to-air intercooler
120# injectors
Aeromotive Pro Series pump/regulator/filters
Stock 98 computer with Fastlane Motorsports SCT tune

4R70W trans
PI convertor

3.55 gears
Tru-trac differential
Moser Axles

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
nice....have any engine pics?

Sure here's a few recent ones.

IMG_2426_zps16bf5be2.jpg

IMG_2427_zpsf11e86eb.jpg

IMG_2429_zps31631637.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
5.4 iron block
steel crank
billet rods
CP pistons
Ford GT heads (ported) and stock GT cams
Sullivan intake
Twin 67 mm turbos with air-to-air intercooler
120# injectors
Aeromotive Pro Series pump/regulator/filters
Stock 98 computer with Fastlane Motorsports SCT tune

4R70W trans
PI convertor

3.55 gears
Tru-trac differential
Moser Axles

I wanted to do a similar combo to my 03 cobra. problem is its hard to do stuff like that here in ny due to these shitty emission laws

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I wanted to do a similar combo to my 03 cobra. problem is its hard to do stuff like that here in ny due to these shitty emission laws

I understand that!
My father-in-law lives in Monroe, NY and has told me how tough it is to have a "hot rod" and be emission compliant!

stroked mach

Established Member
nice I so wish I had done a 5.4 and gone turbo, my buddies dads bullit has a 5.4 with forged gt internals and a stock eaton and makes 699trq and 599hp with a 6speed and is a beast to drive

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
This car is so clean and the amount of power this car makes is amazing!
I was at the Fastlane dyno day and stood about 5 feet from your car on one of your 1200 Hp pulls and I could not believe the sound that the air made. It was like standing next to a jet. Crazy stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread