TT Cobra Dyno Numbers

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
Congrats! After all that hard work and all that time waiting you must really now feel it has been definately worth it! :beer: Good luck trying to keep the tires ablaze when full boost kicks in! :burnout:

01vert

Established Member
very nice! 600 ftlbs before 4000 ! sick!

Just realized you are from MA, where was the car tuned and who did the motor, any threads on either? Usually hang at the new edge forum so havent seen this before now.

Congrats

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
01vert said:
very nice! 600 ftlbs before 4000 ! sick!

Just realized you are from MA, where was the car tuned and who did the motor, any threads on either? Usually hang at the new edge forum so havent seen this before now.

Congrats

I tuned the car myself using SCT Pro Racer Package. I had VT engines build the shortblock. I built the longblock and did ALL of the rest of the work on the car. I dyno tested it at Performance Dyno in Concord, NH.

MJ

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Congrats Bro..it's been a long time coming for ya. Love to see what that car does down the 1320 for mph.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
mjchip said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Rides to anyone that wants one.

MJ

I'm the next town over from you. I want a ride. Besides, you haven't seen my SB 03 coupe yet....though it isn't like you've never seen one before.

;-)

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Hey Mark, congrats on the big HP numbers. Your Cobra is running extremely well.
So glad it's done and you can just sit back and enjoy it now. Your Cobra must be
a monster with that torque, I'll take a quick ride sometime and I'll let you drive my
Cobra so you can see just how far you've gone! Ken

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Congrats Mark!! :thumbsup: Nice to see you're back in action. Can't wait to see you in action up @ NED. Speaking of NED, I've attached a vid of a
TT Lingenfelter Vette that frequents the track. Seeing you two go at it would be quite a sight. :rockon:

http://www.2pugs.com/Cobra/Vids/TTVette.wmv

NHRACobra, yes that is your buddy with the big mouth! :lol:

Enjoy,
David

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Congrats Mark!! :thumbsup: Nice to see you're back in action. Can't wait to see you in action up @ NED. Speaking of NED, I've attached a vid of a
TT Lingenfelter Vette that frequents the track. Seeing you two go at it would be quite a sight. :rockon:

Enjoy,
David

That thing rips for sure.....but the price of the kit and install is a little out of reach for most of us......check it out

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_725.htm

Dave

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:

Enjoy,
David

That guy would probably hand me my ass but I'd run him anyway.

MJ

03DOHC

Established Member
MJ, glad everything finally came together for you. I've read about the issues you've had in the past and I'm really happy for you. Good luck with the beast. :beer:

Power Trip

Established Member
Wow great numbers man. A friend of mine was actually at the dyno that day, he had the two tone 95 vert, he told me all about your car. Very sick!

Good luck with it.

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
mjchip said:

MJ
He might but I bet you dont have $44,000 in upgrades + the price of a corvette. :p And you should pwn him anyways, make some vidoes of yor beast!!! :pop:

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
mjchip said:

MJ

You're right in the neighborhood of lingenfelters rated power #'s for their 427 kit. I don't think you'd be that far off his times and you've got a bit more room to go once you get your tune dialed in.

John

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
FastFwd said:
You're right in the neighborhood of lingenfelters rated power #'s for their 427 kit. I don't think you'd be that far off his times and you've got a bit more room to go once you get your tune dialed in.

John

True but he's also got atleast 500lbs on me.

MJ

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
mjchip said:
True but he's also got atleast 500lbs on me.

MJ

I don't know what your car weights, but for argument sake lets say it's 3900 with you in it.

Marks car @ 3900lbs would have to make around 860rwhp to match the vette's numbers. The Vette @ 3400lbs 725rwhp.

Power to weight ratio is the name of the game. Drivers being equal.

I don't see Mark gutting his car to give himself a better ET though.

Dave

Last edited:

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
I was thinking he'd be able to get in the low 10's, so not to far off what the 'vette's running. The vette seems to be running a bit slow for that trap speed?(not that 10 flat is slow)

John

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Davesnake said:
I don't know what your car weights, but for argument sake lets say it's 3900 with you in it.

Marks car @ 3900lbs would have to make around 860rwhp to match the vette's numbers. The Vette @ 3400lbs 725rwhp.

Power to weight ratio is the name of the game. Drivers being equal.

I don't see Mark gutting his car to give himself a better ET though.

Dave

My car should be around 3700# with me in it now but your basically right.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread