TT Cobra Dyno Numbers

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Hi Folks,

Just turned 1000 miles on this new VT Darton 324 and decided to get a baseline dyno. Here are the specs:

15psi
93 octane
16 degrees of timing

I was kind of in a rush so I was only able to do a little tuning on this car but I wasn't there to make a number. I was more interested in getting a feel for the new setup and getting some experience tuning a turbo mod motor.

So, here are the results: 739.62rwhp/700.05rwtq SAE

attachment.php

Don't forget, this motor is tight (only has 1000 miles on it). Also, it needs more timing down low before the boost kicks in to increase the torque. This will help a lot. I don't see any reason why this combination can't hit 800rwhp SAE on 15psi and pump gas.

For fun, I attached a dyno graph of my car with the three different power adders that it's had throughout it's life. The first run is the stock motor with unported Eaton running 16psi. The next run is the stock motor with Whipple at 16psi. The third is the VT 324 with crower stage2 cams and twin T-57s. Enjoy this one!

attachment.php

MJ :beer:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
2kbill said:
740 at 15 psi on pump gas, outstanding MJ, congrats, hope you're feeling better now! :beer:

Bill

Thanks Bill! I'm feeling really good right now. Even went out to celebrate with a few margeritas and some chimichangas! LOL

MJ

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Very nice Mark!

I have no dought you will hit 800rwhp.....it going to be tuff keeping tires on that beast :burnout: :beer:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Mark,

How early do they spool? does it feel more like a centrifical now? Did you change your gears? Sorry for all the questions lol......I missed the 16 degrees of timing wow! some real potential.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
69redmach1 said:
I'm currently screwing in my bigger nitrous nozzle as I have a feeling I'm going to need it (gulp).
Pete

Hey Pete,

Thanks for spending the time tuning with me today. I'm going to put another 1000 or so miles on the car, do some more road tuning, and come back to pull a number. I'll call you to set something up in a few weeks.

Folks, if you need to get your car tuned, you'll find no better people in the New England area than Performance Dyno in Concord, NH.

BTW, maybe I'll do some nitrous runs myself.......LOL

MJ

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Davesnake said:
Mark,

How early do they spool? does it feel more like a centrifical now? Did you change your gears? Sorry for all the questions lol......I missed the 16 degrees of timing wow! some real potential.

On the street they are fully spooled by 3500rpm. On the dyno it took a little longer. It DOES NOT feel at all like a centrifical blower, in fact it doesn't feel like a positive displacement blower either, it's a totally different sensation. Let's hook up sometime and I'll give you a ride.

BTW, I'm running 3.73:1 gears.

MJ

stangbuff

Established Member
Mark,

Great numbers, congrats! I passed by you just before you pulled into the Ford dealership in Billerica this afternoon. The cars sounded scary quiet...LOL :)

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
mjchip said:
On the street they are fully spooled by 3500rpm. On the dyno it took a little longer. It DOES NOT feel at all like a centrifical blower, in fact it doesn't feel like a positive displacement blower either, it's a totally different sensation. Let's hook up sometime and I'll give you a ride.

BTW, I'm running 3.73:1 gears.

MJ

So they begin to spool around 2800-3000rpm not too shabby..

Sounds good to me! a ride would be great. Do you plan on keeping the 3.73's or dropping back down a bit?

Dave

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Congrats man! I'm happy for ya, after all that work it's finally paying off.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
mjchip said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Rides to anyone that wants one.

MJ
Hope to meet you soon and a big "YES" on the ride. All of a sudden nearly 500hp seems so meager!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread