TT Cobra Dyno Numbers

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
mjchip said:
My car should be around 3700# with me in it now but your basically right.

MJ

I forgot about the aluminum block...your car was heavier before, right?

Hmmmm, you might be closer to that Vette than you give yourself credit for I bet.

Dave

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Davesnake said:

Hmmmm, you might be closer to that Vette than you give yourself credit for I bet.

Dave

Ya, aluminum block, tubular k-member, a-arms, coilovers, etc.. Let me tell you one thing, I know that getting used to this new combo is going to be a real bitch. At 15psi on the street it actually scares me.....guess I'm a pu$$y.

Mark

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
If you're that worried I suggest stop driving it immediately and give the keys to me :thumbsup:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Congrats Mark! :beer: Talked with Pete the other day. You put down some awesome numbers for that little boost. :burnout: When and if you run my bud with his TT Vette, turn up the boost. His is a 427 Lingenfelter built TT, putting down 930 to the rear wheels. As you know with any stick car, the more ponies, the harder it is to get down the track. Let us know when you plan to run at NED. I WANT to be there! :pepper: :banana:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
FastFwd said:
I was thinking he'd be able to get in the low 10's, so not to far off what the 'vette's running. The vette seems to be running a bit slow for that trap speed?(not that 10 flat is slow)

John

It's very hard driving a car with that much power. The TT Vette has run a best of 9.45 @ 153mph. With that mph, and with an auto, he would be in the high 8's.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
mjchip said:
Ya, aluminum block, tubular k-member, a-arms, coilovers, etc.. Let me tell you one thing, I know that getting used to this new combo is going to be a real bitch. At 15psi on the street it actually scares me.....guess I'm a pu$$y.

Mark

Haha! I bet next year you'll be saying " It just dosn't feel that fast to me!"

I can't tell you how many of my buddy's with stupid HP cars say that after a while...

Dave

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Davesnake said:

Dave

So, I wasn't really that far out in left field then, was I? No wonder you hate me. :D :bash: :pepper: :whine: J/K Dave :beer:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
FastFwd said:
So, I wasn't really that far out in left field then, was I? No wonder you hate me. :D :bash: :pepper: :whine: J/K Dave :beer:

Yes John! your WAY out in left field! :fart: lol

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Davesnake said:
Haha! I bet next year you'll be saying " It just dosn't feel that fast to me!"

I can't tell you how many of my buddy's with stupid HP cars say that after a while...

Dave

The big problem now is getting that much power to the ground on the street. Without getting much bigger rubber under the ass of the car, it's hard to keep from breaking the tires loose. Imagine cruising on the highway in 5th at 3000rpm and stabbing the throttle. You're probably doing 80+mph, the ****in' tires rip loose, and the back-end gets all light and wiggly......not good.

MJ

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
mjchip said:
The big problem now is getting that much power to the ground on the street. Without getting much bigger rubber under the ass of the car, it's hard to keep from breaking the tires loose. Imagine cruising on the highway in 5th at 3000rpm and stabbing the throttle. You're probably doing 80+mph, the ****in' tires rip loose, and the back-end gets all light and wiggly......not good.

MJ

Believe me I was only kidding with you about it not being fast enough....when I saw your dyno sheet, getting the car to hook up was my first thought, Hell my car breaks loose easy never mind 700+ HP lol. I tell you what Mark there are worst problems to be had than yours ;-) I'm just happy thats it's up an running for you.

I'll give bassin a call soon maybe we can meet up check out the car are get a beer an some wings or what not.

Dave

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Davesnake said:
Believe me I was only kidding with you about it not being fast enough....when I saw your dyno sheet, getting the car to hook up was my first thought, Hell my car breaks loose easy never mind 700+ HP lol. I tell you what Mark there are worst problems to be had than yours ;-) I'm just happy thats it's up an running for you.

I'll give bassin a call soon maybe we can meet up check out the car are get a beer an some wings or what not.

Dave

Let's do it! Where's Mike been anyway?

MJ

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
Are u gonna give the new M/T radials a shot? I know it definately won't cure your "problem" :-D but it may keep it from breaking loose so easily :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread