TT cobra drifting ( third visit )

brunocobratt

Established Member
went back for the third time , getting better was able to do the whole course without spinning, sometimes,lol
it is alot of fun but i put new tires and thought that it would last at least 2 days worth, was able to only run 8 times on a small course, i need to buy 03/04 cobra rims and some used tires for this.
350451[/ATTACH]"]
cobradriftingsuper.jpg

[youtube_browser]RWHGBULZffU[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]lWUo0SiRJMI[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]7sz_63yLlDI[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]glLUiFI2ukQ[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]8rTQTlfRsw0[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]k_WkjddszPs[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]TxpKopI1OqM[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]ghRDjIX-a-s[/youtube_browser]

Attachments

• cobradriftingsuper.jpg
    cobradriftingsuper.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

low whining

Established Member
damn man a lot better than your first vids. I can tell you if you want to keep getting better youll need to get and extra pair of spindles and mod them for more steering angle if you haven't already. The steering angle on these cars is terrible haha. I've been drifting the past 5 years or so and ill be bringing out my 03 to an event on the 8th. Then i will not be going again until i get some caster/camber plates and modded spindles. Looking good though!

brunocobratt

Established Member
damn man a lot better than your first vids. I can tell you if you want to keep getting better youll need to get and extra pair of spindles and mod them for more steering angle if you haven't already. The steering angle on these cars is terrible haha. I've been drifting the past 5 years or so and ill be bringing out my 03 to an event on the 8th. Then i will not be going again until i get some caster/camber plates and modded spindles. Looking good though!
thanks man, i hear you on the steering angle, but i am just having fun on the skid pad, i dont plan to use my car for too long, maybe later i will buy a car just for this, i just wanted to learn it, bring a camera, i want to see videos, do you have any videos of you doing it with the cobra?

Love your car man.
thanks man:beer:

96 cobra

Established Member
Amazing car!

...try experimenting with fuel loads as well, since the tank hangs off the back of the car.

While autocrossing, I found a full/near-full tank led to more rear traction (definitely not an issue with your power levels), and the tail sliding out in a much more progressive manner.

low whining

Established Member
I haven't drifted the cobra yet, only my past cars and i don't want to spam your thread... I'm trying to get a whole lot of footage from the event and il be sure to post it here.

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
very nice, would be helpful next time if you could edit the videos so we don't have to watch 2 minutes of nothing in each video

brunocobratt

Established Member
Amazing car!

...try experimenting with fuel loads as well, since the tank hangs off the back of the car.

While autocrossing, I found a full/near-full tank led to more rear traction (definitely not an issue with your power levels), and the tail sliding out in a much more progressive manner.
Thanks, i always run with a full tank
videos are awsome, got any 3rd person views? how fast do you go through tires?
Someone showed me a video he recorded of my car, i am waiting on him to post it on a local forum, i will post it here, i started yesterday with a new 295/35-18 after 8 runs the tires are pretty bad, i stoped because i was worried i couldnt drive home
I haven't drifted the cobra yet, only my past cars and i don't want to spam your thread... I'm trying to get a whole lot of footage from the event and il be sure to post it here.
Nice, cant wait to see it

very nice, would be helpful next time if you could edit the videos so we don't have to watch 2 minutes of nothing in each video

Sorry man, i finished upload this videos 4 am, i thought about it but was too late, do you know if you can edit it on youtube?

dark-knight

Established Member
Nice work sir. Im coming from the 240sx world so drifting is still at the top of my list. I started with just a stock mach 1 N/A and it was fun. but not its got a built motor with a ported eaton and the torque just makes it 20x easier to get the ass end out. Ill be sure to get videos with the new set up. just need to find a bigger area then what ive been working with..lol

My suspension is set up for drag though :bash:

My next thing would be to get FLSFC, Panhard bar, and hopefully a secondary hardbrake.

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
you're getting a lot better corner were good except for 1 cone

brunocobratt

Established Member
Nice work sir. Im coming from the 240sx world so drifting is still at the top of my list. I started with just a stock mach 1 N/A and it was fun. but not its got a built motor with a ported eaton and the torque just makes it 20x easier to get the ass end out. Ill be sure to get videos with the new set up. just need to find a bigger area then what ive been working with..lol

My suspension is set up for drag though :bash:

My next thing would be to get FLSFC, Panhard bar, and hopefully a secondary hardbrake.
Nice, post the videos when you do it :beer:

you're getting a lot better corner were good except for 1 cone
Getting better was going again last saturday, but it got canceled because of bad weather ::fm:

GoGreen04

Established Member
Definitely getting better! probably hard to keep these cars drift tight around the cones haha but youre getting there, nice progress man!

brunocobratt

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread