TT Cam recommendation?

cb900f

Established Member
When my OPG let go it took out the passenger side head/cams. I'll be getting 2015 heads (Which are cheaper and flow better), I've also got a set of Trick Flow stage 1 TFS-16801-32 valve springs. I'll also be throwing this on a sleeved/forged motor with a Boss intake. Do the Boss cam's really make a difference? Or should I just stick with stock intake cam and Boss 302R exhaust cam?

:dw:

cb900f

Established Member

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
While I understand what you are saying, If I bought those I'd need to crash at your house for the next couple of years to hide from the wife.....

on the other hand, I do cook pretty good. :poke:

PM'd

Side note we tried out a set of Boss cams for a little while. It ran well but I couldn't give you an honest dyno gain over stock GT cams.

TurboX2

Established Member
The answer really depends on your power goals, turbo cars don't need a lot of cam to make huge power. Unless you are going for some insane number keep the stock cams and the smooth drivability, and put that money elsewhere in the build. Another PSI of boost will make as much difference as the cams would...

cb900f

Established Member
The answer really depends on your power goals, turbo cars don't need a lot of cam to make huge power. Unless you are going for some insane number keep the stock cams and the smooth drivability, and put that money elsewhere in the build. Another PSI of boost will make as much difference as the cams would...

That's my feelings, but since I have to buy a cam was just trying to make the best of my money.

KPatrone

Established Member
I got some ford racing exhaust cams and stock intake cams on my turbo build from tousleyfordparts. I would give them a call, got all 4 cams for $400

prn1972

Established Member
Turbo coyote's do best with stock cams. Stock Mustang GT cams or stock Boss 302r cams. I went with the Boss 302r exhaust cams ( $80 for both ) & 2015 Mustang GT cams ( $160 a piece ) for my turbo build. They have a little more lift than 11-14 GT cams & are pretty cheap. I would go with the JPC cams if you want custom & have the money.

Users who are viewing this thread