TSS Boss 302 "Turbo Build"

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Been on the fence for a while on which route to take and originally had the Boss was sent to Triangle Speed Shop (TSS) for a complete ground up NA build, fast forward a few months... RGR worked his magic on a stock pair of 13 GT heads and we were almost there about to button her all up and get her back into the wild then it hit me :uh oh: Turbo! I guess after reading all the awesome CPR/JPC build threads & my buddy Dru talking about turbos i decided to check em out :read: and make some calls which netted the Boss a JPC kit :-D

IMG_1969_zpsfcf29759.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]As she was handed over to TSS, soo sweet and innocent.

Quick Mod List,
~Full BMR Suspension, M-5300-T
~Built 6R80
~AMS 2000
~JPC Fuel System w/Rails, ID1000
~JPC Turbo Kit (Ball Bearing), Kooks Shorties
~RGR Stage 2 Heads, TSS Oil Gears, ARP Hardware, ATI Balancer, CJ Pulse Ring

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
Gonna be awesome... Turbo idea hit me as well. Bank account disagrees though

lpheaven

Established Member
beautiful and following this build - best of luck Dizzy. I thought about that route but went with a Procharger instead on my BOSS so i'll be watching :)

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Want to see what the rgr heads do on it first! Please?

I wish that was in the cards but i wont be doing that :( poof100 and i should have a like setup so when i get numbers ill be able to compare to his.

Going to be nice. Craig had told me your plan the other day.

Yes sir, Trying to get everything lined & coated then install time :beer:

That thing is gonna be a beast.

Thanks for all your help along with Eric's too!

beautiful and following this build - best of luck Dizzy. I thought about that route but went with a Procharger instead on my BOSS so i'll be watching :)

So many options out its hard to choose, I'm sure your Procharged Boss will also be a beast!

Not super sure what to expect from the heads but i know they will make a difference at the end of the day, i think the main differences between me and poof100 will be the RGR Stage 2 Heads & Kooks shorty headers, the rest of the setup should remain the same with both of us as far as i know. We also changed from an AMS 1000 to the 2000 unit as BBG may be more of a pain to deal with that Boost By MPH.

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
That thing is gonna be a beast.

Did yall use the stock Boss Oil pan with the turbo kit on Poof100's car or go aftermarket? If so did you use the Moroso 2011+ 5.0 Oil Pan, would TSS still need to tap this Moroso pan for the turbo? Will this pan fit with the BMR K member?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Did yall use the stock Boss Oil pan with the turbo kit on Poof100's car or go aftermarket?

We used the stock boss oil pan.

If so did you use the Moroso 2011+ 5.0 Oil Pan, would TSS still need to tap this Moroso pan for the turbo?

The moroso one comes with a bung on the side but it's in the front. We typically put it closer to the middle so we ended up welding a bung in on a different car

Will this pan fit with the BMR K member?

Yes both pans fit with the BMR K Member

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Thanks Aaron! Also I upgraded to the Ball Bearing unit, are they steel bearings or ceramic? Pros and cons to steel vs cermaic, if that's even an option :)

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
think you might have it all together for fun ford weekend in dallas 11/8? Ive received a good chunk of my jpc kit, still waiting on a few pieces and the fuel system but am determined to make it happen. Itd sure be cool to have another jpc turbo car at the event!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
think you might have it all together for fun ford weekend in dallas 11/8? Ive received a good chunk of my jpc kit, still waiting on a few pieces and the fuel system but am determined to make it happen. Itd sure be cool to have another jpc turbo car at the event!

Doubt I'll be anywhere near texas at that time. Same here, few pieces more and then the build can start. When u get yours finished post up some boost & dyno curves, like to compare and see what The differences are. Whos tuning it? Good luck with the build and PM me when your done buddy ;)

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
I intend on letting jpc do the tune. If Shaun would do remote tuning for turbo setups I might have gone with aed, but it's not the case. I just got my turbo and gates today, very purrty

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Whats the best exhaust cam setup for my current build?
M-6550-M50GTE
M-6550-M50BR

I've seen lots of talk but never any definitely answer especially for a turbo setup under 1000rwhp range.

Users who are viewing this thread