Trying to get a hold of Start-N-Charge

Burninout101

Established Member
I have been trying to get a hold of Start-N-Charge to order an alternator. Been waiting on a call back and always get the machine. The number off of cobrabobs shiftergasket site goes to what sounds like a residential answering machine. 509.447.0289. Does anyone have a better way of getting a hold of Jamie to place an order? Is he still accepting orders?

Thanks

Burninout101

oldmodman

Established Member
Yes he is still in bizz.

He just posted up on ModFords about a family emergency that had him out of contact for quite a while.

Two people just got their new alternators from him.

Keep trying.

I'll try to find a link.

steve5575

Established Member
I recieved my alt about 2 weeks ago. He does this on the side so you will just have to wait for him to respond. Yes, that is his home answering machine.

Great guy to deal with, once you get him.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
He's always been available to me and the one time I got his machine, he called back within the day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jamie isn't always able to answer the phone as this is not a full-time business. I've called a number of times over the months since I advertise for him on my website but have only gotten him once. So be patient. Leave a message and he'll usually respond within 24 hours. Trust me, his alternator is worth your patience. He knows alternators like nobody else IMO.

eXs Vp

03 dSg CoBrA
Established Member
I have the same problem..been trying to get a hold of him but no answer.. :( Stocker already died and I dont wanna put in an autozone one. Guess my car will be outta commission till I get a hold of him! Anyone know about how much they cost?

ttk53

Established Member
mine was $327 but it already started to whine and sparks when I rev the car up, but i think something is wrong with me car.

steve5575

Established Member
Mine was around $337 which was $300 for the alt and lead wire with mini fuse, $15 for a stock size Cobra pulley (I'm pretty sure he offers difference sizes) and the balance was for shipping from the North West, US to Austin, TX.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It might be great if Jamie was able to do some sort of online ordering with payment by PayPal. Again, his time to turn these around might be limited. I would imagine a good amount of time goes into doing the modifications. Definitely worth the money.

ttk53

Established Member
Well my start n charge alt failed in two weeks, I emailed Jamie twice and he has not gotten back to me I will try and call him today after work and see what he thinks (if I can get ahold of him).

03yellow

Established Member
Been thru this before. Guy dosent really have a web site and operates out of his home. His alts. are starting to fail because its a desgin flaw with the small case and too much heat. You can build one out of gold and it will fail.
Get one from ford! $230 youll get 30,000 to 60,000 miles out of it. or have it rebuilt for $130 and get 15,000 to 30,000 miles out of it. Autozone and other drive in part stores will sell your the wrong alt that is not 130 amps.

I have the same problem..been trying to get a hold of him but no answer.. :( Stocker already died and I dont wanna put in an autozone one. Guess my car will be outta commission till I get a hold of him! Anyone know about how much they cost?

ttk53

Established Member
Been thru this before. Guy dosent really have a web site and operates out of his home. His alts. are starting to fail because its a desgin flaw with the small case and too much heat. You can build one out of gold and it will fail.
Get one from ford! $230 youll get 30,000 to 60,000 miles out of it. or have it rebuilt for $130 and get 15,000 to 30,000 miles out of it. Autozone and other drive in part stores will sell your the wrong alt that is not 130 amps.

ok so who is going to man up and make a relocation kit? This alternator problem is putting me in the por house.

Users who are viewing this thread