Trying to decide if i should buy

Bigg Slimm

Established Member
I can purchase an 03 Cobra Coupe for $28,956 BEFORE taxes,title,&tags with the A-plan ($31206), rebates($1,500), and incentives($750). Is the a good price for an 03 Cobra? I'm in Ohio.

Does anyone know EXACTLY when the 05/06 Cobra is coming out and how much they will cost? I'm thinking of waiting for the new Cobra, but i can't see paying $40k est. for a Mustang when i can get an 03 for $29K that maybe just as fast. Anyone else dealing with this same dilema, if so how are you handling it or rationale it to yourself?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's way too early for 2006 Cobra pricing and exact release dates. I recently heard it would be late 2005 or early 2006. But with all the buzz about the future of SVT and the direction it is going in, don't be surprised to see the '06 Cobra at $40,000. for a coupe. And they'll probably get it, too. SVT is reportedly going upscale which is why they discontinued the SVT Focus.

Bigg Slimm

Established Member
Thanks for the response.

How about the price on the 03, is this a good deal that i'm receiving?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally I think $28,896. is a good price on a new '03 Cobra. I wouldn't pay any more than that. Tasca Ford in Rhode Island has a black '04 Cobra Coupe listed on-line for $33,350.

PacWest

Established Member
I think that's a great price. I don't think you will find one new for much less. Some may post you can get it for a little less, but I think you're there.

I just bought my 03 used (2500 mi). I can get X-Plan on a new 03 and my deal was not as good as yours.

I recently wrecked my Camaro, so I needed a car. I did not consider waiting 2 years for the next generation. The 03 is an awesome car and you will enjoy it. Sure, it will depreciate. All cars do. Something may come along to replace the 05 and 06 models as well. We are lucky right now in that performance is back and Ford keeps building them better. As long as that continues, the new models will push our prices down.

No matter what, the 03 will always be a fun and powerful platform to own. I'd say buy the 03. You can get it at a good price and enjoy if for a couple years. If you want something different then, you will have lost...what...8 grand on the car? You can't buy this kind of fun for 4K a year.

Ryan

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by Bigg Slimm
...and incentives($750).

That sounds like a great price to me. But I'm curious as to what you mean by $750 "incentives" Is this a dealer discount you're talking about or some other kind of rebate?

I followed the same reasoning that you have. For $29K, this car is hard to beat. Let's face it, when the next Cobra rolls out two years from now, it probably isn't going to have a sticker of $35K. And on top of that, there will be the usual buyers willing to pay sticker + markup which will keep the prices artificially high for awhile. I love my Cobra...but if it was $40K, I would never have considered buying it.

-Greg

Bigg Slimm

Established Member
Re: Re: Trying to decide if i should buy

Originally posted by Top_Fuel
That sounds like a great price to me. But I'm curious as to what you mean by $750 "incentives" Is this a dealer discount you're talking about or some other kind of rebate?

I followed the same reasoning that you have. For $29K, this car is hard to beat. Let's face it, when the next Cobra rolls out two years from now, it probably isn't going to have a sticker of $35K. And on top of that, there will be the usual buyers willing to pay sticker + markup which will keep the prices artificially high for awhile. I love my Cobra...but if it was $40K, I would never have considered buying it.

-Greg

The $750 incentive i stated earlier is actually a rebate for A Plan customers only according to the dealership. Sorry about the confusion.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Trying to decide if i should buy

Originally posted by Bigg Slimm
The $750 incentive i stated earlier is actually a rebate for A Plan customers only according to the dealership.
:thumbsup: OK...I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other hidden incentive out there that I didn't know about! :)

-Greg

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I would buy the 03 and see what happens with the 06 Cobra. If you like the 06 when it debuts...you can trade or sell the 03. If you decide against the 06...you have a GREAT car in your clutches that is no longer being produced.

Enjoy the 03 for a couple of years and make your final decision when the 06's hit the showroom floors.

BTW...I have a deposit down on an 06 and plan on doing the very thing I suggest you do.:beer:

Good Luck!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Get it while the going is good. That is a great price figuring guys where paying high $30K just 8 to 9 months ago. Like everyone said, enjoy it and see what happens in 06.

Users who are viewing this thread