Trying to clean ground on engine, can't remove the nut

mdisalvo85

Established Member
I'm trying to clean up my grounds as I've been having all sorts of electrical problems for a while. I got to the ground on the engine by removing the oil filter/front tire. So I finally got a hold of the nut and I can spin it, but I can't back it all the way out to remove it because when I spin it, the black ground and the red mesh like wire that it's holding on spin with it. If I keep trying to take it off, I'll eventually rip out one of those wires. I tried tapping on them with a screwdriver to see if maybe they were just rusted onto it and I can't get them to release. Anytime I spin the nut, they spin with it. Anybody done this before have any ideas or know what to do?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
IIRC there is a spray for dissolving corrosion buildup on electrical connections. Anyone know what it is?

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
if you dont want to mess with the stock ground strap put on a bigger gauge ground strap i have a 4 gauge taylor performance ground strap i still need to install on mine i picked it up from summitracing a new ground strap would be best if yours has seen better days:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread