Trying to better myself,employment

GotBoost?!

Established Member
I'll start off here,I dont post alot,always been busy with life and working hard.

To start off,in March of this year,I left a job where I was employed for 4 years.The employer was treating people bad,yelling at people,etc etc. This week I started the new job that I left for back in March.Little did I know,I was not getting what I originally applied for. I was lied to and also in the process,I hurt my back,not seriously,but none the less. I missed two days because of this back injury. Today I get a call and this new employer no longer wants me.

So,for the first time in my life,I've found myself without a job or direction. I've always worked,thats the way we we're raised. I guess I really dont even know why I posted this here online. I'm very depressed tonight.I only wanted to improve things,but have since taken 5 steps backwards.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Very sorry to hear the new job was not as advertised. It stinks that you could not leave that new job on your own terms. Just remember that you would have left that job anyway. The timing isn’t great - it never is - but you will find something else and it will be a much better place for you. Hang in there.

losershero

Established Member
In 5 years this will be only a memory. I had a career in plumbing and maintence for 10 years. Economy hit and went from making money to barley making 125 a week all with a pregnant girlfriend. That was 7 years ago. On top of that wife wanted to move home to be closer to her mom. Only job that would hire me in the new location was apartment maintnece and took that job for a short time, the night I married My wife I was on call at this place and had to go unlock somebodies apartment. That’s when I knew it was time to do something else. I took a complete change of careers on an employer that took a chance on me and it’s been the greatest descion ever made.

It gets better and it works itself out. Just don’t give up on yourself and keep pushing on.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'll start off here,I dont post alot,always been busy with life and working hard.

To start off,in March of this year,I left a job where I was employed for 4 years.The employer was treating people bad,yelling at people,etc etc. This week I started the new job that I left for back in March.Little did I know,I was not getting what I originally applied for. I was lied to and also in the process,I hurt my back,not seriously,but none the less. I missed two days because of this back injury. Today I get a call and this new employer no longer wants me.

So,for the first time in my life,I've found myself without a job or direction. I've always worked,thats the way we we're raised. I guess I really dont even know why I posted this here online. I'm very depressed tonight.I only wanted to improve things,but have since taken 5 steps backwards.
You are only seeing things from one angle. Do not beat yourself up. As much as it feels like it, it is not the end of the world. I can promise that you are not alone. There are also several of us here that will gladly talk with you and do our best to help.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
OP .... knowing someone isn’t happy with you or your performance is a kick in the gut and takes a few weeks to come out of emotionally.

You’ll get there. Opinions made in a short time about someone are not always fair.

Hang tough...think of it this way:

You were looking for a job when you found the last one so you can always find another!

We’ve all been in your shoes at one point in life.

mnewxcv

Established Member
gotta echo the awesome support of the forum, take a day or a few to yourself, then get back up and get going. And remember, what might feel like a set back, can be a great opportunity.

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Start your own business. Find something you can do and start up. Working for others sucks.

I've played around with this very thought the first part of this year,the problem is,I've got no clue where to start. You want to have a product that people want or need,but after that,I draw a blank.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Start your own business. Find something you can do and start up. Working for others sucks.
While this is true at times, the right employer is a huge bonus. I've been an entrepreneur most of my life. Right now I am self employed. I'm not doing bad. I enjoy what I do. However I am looking for a regular job, with a regular schedule at the moment.

tistan

Established Member
Just start somewhere. People will pay for the stupidest shit. Just offer something, whether it's a service or a product.

ToddW702

Established Member
Sorry to hear it didn’t work out. My wife and I did something like this in the past and we moved our family there too. Well it didn’t work out and we were stuck in a new place I was depressed too. It took a few days but I did all I know and went and hit the streets ready to work. You sound like your no stranger to work. I hope you find the motivation to use your skills to get back in the game. You can do it.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Buddy of mine is going through a similar thing.

He left a decent job for one that paid $40k more. Well he hated the workplace (not enough work to justify the staff) and then in January he fell on ice walking the dog and snapped his ankle. Wound up needing surgery and day before the surgery he got a call they terminated his contract because he won't be able to make it to the office for a few weeks during recovery.

He's been looking since, and has had some big bouts of depression as a result with a lot of drinking. I have my own business and planned on giving him a week or so of work to help, as luck would have it, I fired some of my guys for lying, breaking equipment, and essentially stealing money for work they weren't doing. So I've had him working with me for almost a month now. He's got a few interviews lined up, but in the mean time he's slowly getting back to being more positive and backing off a lot on the drinking. In part because I've basically gone dry to eliminate enabling. Weekends usually hangout and drink while doing car stuff or meet up for lunch and couple beers.

By all accounts he'll land another good paying job in his field sooner than later, but it's been a big struggle the last few months. So keep your head up, really think about what type of work will make you feel fulfilled, and DO NOT drink to cope, that's a rabbit hole that's a bitch to dig out of.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Buddy of mine is going through a similar thing.

He left a decent job for one that paid $40k more. Well he hated the workplace (not enough work to justify the staff) and then in January he fell on ice walking the dog and snapped his ankle. Wound up needing surgery and day before the surgery he got a call they terminated his contract because he won't be able to make it to the office for a few weeks during recovery.

He's been looking since, and has had some big bouts of depression as a result with a lot of drinking. I have my own business and planned on giving him a week or so of work to help, as luck would have it, I fired some of my guys for lying, breaking equipment, and essentially stealing money for work they weren't doing. So I've had him working with me for almost a month now. He's got a few interviews lined up, but in the mean time he's slowly getting back to being more positive and backing off a lot on the drinking. In part because I've basically gone dry to eliminate enabling. Weekends usually hangout and drink while doing car stuff or meet up for lunch and couple beers.

By all accounts he'll land another good paying job in his field sooner than later, but it's been a big struggle the last few months. So keep your head up, really think about what type of work will make you feel fulfilled, and DO NOT drink to cope, that's a rabbit hole that's a bitch to dig out of.
Good man

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
This isn’t always the easiest to understand, especially in a situation like yours, but everything in life is relative. I’ve seen people lose their entire families and belonging in one night; I’ve seen babies suffer through pain adults should never see. Especially if you’re persistent and good at what you do, one can find and make an opportunity where others expect to have them fall on their laps. Unless one is homeless, starving, dying of disease, and without family, we’re always blessed. My biggest problem in life can easily be someone else’s smallest.

Hang in there!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Throw in a disabilty or unemployment claim against your firing. It can get you enough to get by until you get a new job. Normally if the firing is employer initiated you can claim unemployment benefits.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I just watched a short video on a 109 year old WW2 vet. He lives by a saying and I gotta say, it's a pretty good way to live.

"I may give out, but I never give up"

The weight of the world is on all of us. You're feeling it, and that's okay. We all do from time to time. It's important to remember that while the job change may have been a catalyst to you're current predicament, there's nothing shameful about trying something new and failing. You found one less place to work, one less group of people to trust, and will rise up with a renewed outlook.

You'll be okay my dude. You didn't live all these years to let this situation be the end of you.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey man, chin up. Most of us have faced some rough times in our lives. 8 years ago the construction industry was real slow and I got laid off from my position in management with an electrical contractor. Even though I had purchased a duplex a year prior, I ended up taking a job 80 miles away that was a better fit, having an apartment closer to work and eventually moved my life in that direction. It was rough for a couple years but it's all worked out for me.

You are willing/able to work so you will find something to get you by until you find a career that is your calling.

96dreamer

Established Member
I feel your pain man. I got let go from a job I loved at the end of January and felt like it was the end of the world. It was the first time in my life I really felt lost. I can't give much advice on the job search, i'm sure you will find something as the job market is very good right now so I wouldn't stress about it to much. I will say it is very easy to fall into a slump in this situation. Try to maintain a regular schedule and keep busy if finances allow it. I was only out of work for about a month but it felt like a year while it was happening. Use the time for something constructive in between job searches so you still feel productive. Best of luck man.

Users who are viewing this thread