TRUST me this IMRC delete question has not been discussed...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
just throw them away or sell them if they work. you shouldn't need a delete kit, just pull the butterfilies and bars out and epoxy the holes...

waldo

Established Member
There is another option besides a tune or springs on the end of the IMRC cables. You can install a relay that takes the place of your IMRC controller. This relay fools the computer into thinking the IMRC controller is installed and functional. I found the instructions on the corral. A quick trip to radio shack and a minimal amount on soldering skill is all that is required to build this relay.

You can mount the relay in the stock IMRC controller location (under the intake manifold) or in an inconspicuous location in the engine compartment. The inconspicuous location will allow you to replace the relay without having to remove the intake manifold.

If I can find the instructions on my home computer, I will post them. Good luck.

waldo

waldo

Established Member
xxxcobra said:

Those are the instructions I used. Thanks for posting the link.

If you do decide to install this relay, I would recommend taking the connector off your old or broken IMRC controller and soldering the relay to it. This will allow you to "plug" your new relay into the factory wiring harness (the one that is situated between the back of the engine and the firewall) and lets you avoid having to cut the factory wiring harness itself. Good luck.

waldo

Last edited:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
wow.. that is great. i guess that's been poven to work flawlessly correct?
Thanks guys.. i save that link for future reference.

pd: i've come across a 98 control module for almost nothing, will that fit my 96 car? are they the same or different? does anyone know?

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
i think they are the same but not 100% sure. i dont see why they wouldnt interchange though? someone correct me if im wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread