TRUST me this IMRC delete question has not been discussed...

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
First of all, i searched and read almost every single thread that came up and did not find an answer for this. i need to know before tomorrow or i will be going to ford and just buying a new module control unit.

so.. as you guys know my module is not working.
IF i buy IMRC deletes will i still use the stock control module and will the cables(the ones that open the blades) still be conected to teh delete, or is taht all removed?
THanks.
I just need to know, because if i no longer need the module then i'll get deletes right now. but, if i still need to get a new module and deletes then i'll just keep the stockers.
Thanks a lot.

out99sider

Established Member
i no longer have the module hooked up at all, i actually sold it. i dont think you need anything hooked up with the deletes.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I do not "believe" you would need a new module as the purpose of the module is to open up the secondary butterflies to allow more air flow over 3200RPM. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my idea.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
my guess is that the cables dont hook up to the valves anymore, and you would need a chip to turn off the check engine light if you want to get rid of the module. but im just guessin

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
yeah. i asked a few people and noone really "knew" they just assumed.

Who has actually done it?
i'm just wondering how people with deletes are running their cars. did they just unhooked the cables that go to the module and removed it and called it a day?
i know about having to get a tune to erase that code. i will get a tune later one, because the light won't kill my power or make the car run rich/lean correct?
hopefully someone can shine in tonight or early tomorrow morning.

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
ya u dont need it anymore. it doesnt need to be hooked up or even in the car anymore. ur car is gona throw a code until u get a tune for it though.

Carlos

mkb116

Established Member
We put some IMRC deletes on cobraboy169's car and they are really simple. All you do is pull the intake off. Take the cables off the IMRC plates, the kit Dustin got came with a couple springs (http://www.paulshp.com). What you do is put the springs over the cables so the when the computer tells the imrc controller to open, it still thinks its pulling them open becuase of the pressure of the spring. Then we just Zip tied the cables to the bottom of the intake and thats pretty much it. It can be done without a tune but I believe Dustin had the IMRC's turned off in the computer also.

Hope this answers your question, good luck.

- Matt

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
2 ways, one is posted above. ^^^^

You can

1. delete and throw away controller but you will need to turn the system off with a tune to keep from getting a CEL.

2. delete them and leave the controller and the computer may thing you still have them.

The 2nd option I can't garrantee that you will not get a CEL and the fact that your controller is bad and you would have to get a new one tells me you should delete tham and get a tune.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
yeah.. since i'm not geting a tune right now i just decided to get a replacement module. i guess i'll look for deletes later on when i'm ready to tune it.
Thanks for the help guys.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
if the cel is on then the car will pull timing or something.. i read something like that on another thread.

speedy98snake

Needs another Cobra
Established Member
ya def cant smog the car with the CEL on. get a tune or try that hole spring return thing. it might work too.

mkb116

Established Member
You do not need a tune if you do it the way I described above. The function of the spring is to create a load. So when the cables are pulled the springs makes the computer think it is really opening something, when actually it is just compressing the spring. The spring is used if you do not want to get a tune. Without the spring you would need a tune because you would get a check engine light.

Last edited:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Forcedlx, you don't need the springs, don't you already have that module that's supposed to keep the CEL off?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The problem with leaving the module on is

1. it can go bad again= CEL
2. it can get stuck= CEL
3. if the springs don't act right and or it doesn't pull/realese as it normally would= CEL

Easier to get a tune and turn it off. Throw the module away.
You can benifit more from the tune.
Of course $$$ is always an issue, the tune will cost you.

Users who are viewing this thread