Trunk Spring Rubber -Source?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Anyone have a source for the rubber/feet on the trunk springs? I see you can order the entire spring set (~$30), but I only want the little plastic/rubber feet. The little plastic/rubber feet on my trunk springs recently deteriorated and are now gone. Coincidentally, so did the ones on my 95 at the same time.

I went up to Home Depot and Lowes to source these and came home with a few grommets of sorts. They are not a great solution.

Looks like the inner diameter of the springs are 16mm (5/8”) - likely need something slightly bigger to keep it from coming out. Also, the end needs to be ~0.75”- 1”to cover the entire spring part from contacting the body. I can’t seem to source this damn piece of rubber.

Any advice on where to find these before I end up spending $70 on two sets of springs when all I need is the rubber that should cost less than $5.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
This happened to both my cars and I was able to buy them (the whole thing) from Ford, but I didn't think they were that expensive.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Looking for the flat-ended rubber bumper right?

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 6.55.16 AM.png

Daniel Carpenter is "wholesale only" but you can send/call Lisa. She helped me on another part. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 6.56.35 AM.png

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Looking for the flat-ended rubber bumper right?

I'm only looking for the rubber. Not the entire assembly. I can't justify even $20 a set for simply trying to source the rubber feet :)

BTW - I know of at least 2 people that have purchased the DCR replacements and the rubber/plastic feet destroyed themselves even quicker than the OEM.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not sure I ended up buying a set from LMR but would’ve loved to do what you’re trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm only looking for the rubber. Not the entire assembly. I can't justify even $20 a set for simply trying to source the rubber feet :)

BTW - I know of at least 2 people that have purchased the DCR replacements and the rubber/plastic feet destroyed themselves even quicker than the OEM.

Understood. Email/call Lisa and ask for the just the rubber feet. As I mentioned, she helped me out with another, unrelated part.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I'd go to a hardware store like Ace where they sell rubber stoppers, like the kind you put in a glass beaker. Might be able to find one that fits or you can shape with a sander. Just a thought. They come in different sizes, even HD has them in the "science project" draw in hardware.

Cut to length, clamp it down, grab a piece of nylon string (free outside HD to tie shit to the roof) and use it to cut a groove for the spring to grab <$5 and should look official.

black-everbilt-sink-hole-covers-808278-64_1000.jpg

Attachments

• black-everbilt-sink-hole-covers-808278-64_1000.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 44
  • black-everbilt-sink-hole-covers-808278-64_1000.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I’ll check out those rubber stoppers. Didn’t see them at my local HD or Lowe’s in the hardware/speciality section, but we do have ACE’s around here.

I did find the enclosed item. If it was just a hair wider it would be perfect. However, I cannot find anything from the same company that is wider on the smaller end.

IMG_1110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I found the rubber stoppers at ace. They didn’t work out. I’ve also exhausted my resources for finding the rubber - literally spent hours on various rubber manufacturers websites. I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and get the whole damn thing unless someone has ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jerlen28

Established Member
I found the rubber stoppers at ace. They didn’t work out. I’ve also exhausted my resources for finding the rubber - literally spent hours on various rubber manufacturers websites. I think I’ll have to bite the bullet and get the whole damn thing unless someone has ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
You can get the part from Ford. I just got some recently $6.00 (2 bumpers).

Ford Part No. N808343-S

Users who are viewing this thread