Trunk shock rebuild

Dontilgon

Established Member
Thanks for the info, but I'm trying to keep it original. I have a 94 convertible that gets used often. The cobra is a weekend unmolested 21,000 mile car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info, but I'm trying to keep it original. I have a 94 convertible that gets used often. The cobra is a weekend unmolested 21,000 mile car.

I was wondering if that was the case. You may have some luck if you ask in the Cobra R area.
If you DO find some oem pieces, or you rebuild them, I would save them until you intend on selling/showing the car.
Buy an aftermarket set for now. None the wiser.

98 Blue

Established Member
Not a rebuildable part. Spend the extra $ if you want Ford marked ones from the dealer but date codes won't be right if you are thinking concours.

josephcostello

Established Member
You could get some off a low mile wreck, or replace with cheapo and keep originald

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
If your thinking concourse judging, keep the originals. Try Ford to see if they still make them. This way the part numbers will be correct. But they might be disco (fox bodies are) at which point your dealer might just source after market, which would be the same as Rockauto / LMR etc.

As mentioned, these are not a serviceable part.

Users who are viewing this thread