Trunk lid won't stay closed please help ‍♂️

99lightning_svt

Established Member
Heh guys as stated my trunk won't stay closed after getting it back from the shop.

I can take a screwdriver and try to lock it closed but it releases. It's like the latch is not locking. Anyone have any idea how these lock up? I'm sure it's something simple. I'd rather not replace the whole unit if I don't have to.

If I'm not clear I can push the trunk close however it will not lock it just opens..

Really annoying since that battery is back there and you can enter the car via the trunk.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
1666038699876.jpeg

Follow me for more pro tips

Tillerman77

Established Member
Heh guys as stated my trunk won't stay closed after getting it back from the shop.

I can take a screwdriver and try to lock it closed but it releases. It's like the latch is not locking. Anyone have any idea how these lock up? I'm sure it's something simple. I'd rather not replace the whole unit if I don't have to.

If I'm not clear I can push the trunk close however it will not lock it just opens..

Really annoying since that battery is back there and you can enter the car via the trunk.
Take it back to the shop if they caused the problem.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a trunk release button in the glove box, or wherever? Test it and see if it ‘pops’. It sounds like something is preventing the cable attached to the locking mechanism from letting the lock engage.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Adjust the latch assembly that is found attached to the back of the taillight panel.

Remove the plastic surround by pulling the plastic push pins out. Once the plastic is removed adjust the whole assembly up or down. There isn't a great deal of movement in either direction, but it can be accomplished and it's by trial/error.

My bet is the latch assembly is too low to make a proper and secure connection not allowing the trunk lid catch to close properly.

Users who are viewing this thread