~True Forged wheels...if you have em post em up!!!

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Thanks man. You may like this pic then. I never got to post it before.

g14classified2.jpg

i HATE when people quote with pictures but this one deserved to be posted twice.

End of Thread! haha

Seriously though people, i know there's more people rollin around on TF...lets see em!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i love these wheels and would consider buying them but for some reason they look a little weird, the offset is wrong or something.

cobra4km3.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
he's running spacers out back. at the time, we didnt realize that the spindle bolt was an issue and we cut the rear pads as much as we could to get the MAX lip out of them. that means either you grind down on the rear bolt (easy to do and no big deal, no bad effects from doing so), you run spacers, you use domed caps (which only work with wheels that have the larger caps).

now, thanks to 04sleeper, we know what the offset should be for those who want the wheels to sit flush with the fender (like when using spacers). and we offer to customers to either have the rear pads cut for max lip, or to leave them as is. leaving them as is has no issues with the spindle bolt (the one that pokes its head out through the center cap area).

this is only an issue for IRS equipped cars.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
he's running spacers out back. at the time, we didnt realize that the spindle bolt was an issue and we cut the rear pads as much as we could to get the MAX lip out of them. that means either you grind down on the rear bolt (easy to do and no big deal, no bad effects from doing so), you run spacers, you use domed caps (which only work with wheels that have the larger caps).

now, thanks to 04sleeper, we know what the offset should be for those who want the wheels to sit flush with the fender (like when using spacers). and we offer to customers to either have the rear pads cut for max lip, or to leave them as is. leaving them as is has no issues with the spindle bolt (the one that pokes its head out through the center cap area).

this is only an issue for IRS equipped cars.

thanks for clearing that up. so if i want a set of those same wheels, and don't want to use a spacer for the rears (cobra) but want to retain the factory centercap, what are my options?

thanks again.
by the way, those are the only wheels i would coonsider buying for my 10th since they stay true to the anniversary wheel look, but with a kickass attitude:rockon:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
^I am running a 1/4" spacer on mine to clear the spindle bolt. Tire barely fits in the fender when the car squats.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
thanks for clearing that up. so if i want a set of those same wheels, and don't want to use a spacer for the rears (cobra) but want to retain the factory centercap, what are my options?

thanks again.
by the way, those are the only wheels i would coonsider buying for my 10th since they stay true to the anniversary wheel look, but with a kickass attitude:rockon:

we could either NOT cut the rear pads and there wont be an issue at all, except for .5" less lip. or you could possibly use one of our domed caps, but id have to check to see if theyd fit this design. they wouldnt look very good on it anyways..:nonono:

if you want the wheels to sit flush with the fenders, then you'd regain that .5" lip you lost from not cutting the rear pads.

either way, you'd still have a fairly big lip, just depends HOW big you want to go :thumbsup:

really though, grind down those bolts! its EASY. and it affects nothing. the spindle nut can still come off and re-thread on. its just plain metal for .5" till you get to the first thread. i had my engineer buddy check it out and he said absolutely no worries. anyone buying your car would never even know. the dealer probably wouldnt know, even if they pulled it apart, lol.

and if you reallly want to have the 10th look you can have the gloss black SVT caps made for them :beer:

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
The True Forged Anniversary wheel ones look sick, wonder how they would look without the single wheel bolts in the spokes?
Steve hook me up! :pepper:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
dude, ive been WAITING for your pics! (and others, lol). thats all you got?? just took them?

youre the only one on here with flat anthracite wheels, besides my f150. gives it a retro Torque Thrust look.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
dude, ive been WAITING for your pics! (and others, lol). thats all you got?? just took them?

youre the only one on here with flat anthracite wheels, besides my f150. gives it a retro Torque Thrust look.

Sorry Steve it's taking sooo long. I took this one at work a few days ago. Believe it or not, that's the only pic I got. My camera fudged up. I'll take day pics and e-mail them to you and get my car cleaned:bash:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sorry Steve it's taking sooo long. I took this one at work a few days ago. Believe it or not, that's the only pic I got. My camera fudged up. I'll take day pics and e-mail them to you and get my car cleaned:bash:

its all good bro :beer:

im sure the peeps here would love to see what a raw, anthracite wheel would look like on a cobra :thumbsup:

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
we could either NOT cut the rear pads and there wont be an issue at all, except for .5" less lip. or you could possibly use one of our domed caps, but id have to check to see if theyd fit this design. they wouldnt look very good on it anyways..:nonono:

if you want the wheels to sit flush with the fenders, then you'd regain that .5" lip you lost from not cutting the rear pads.

either way, you'd still have a fairly big lip, just depends HOW big you want to go :thumbsup:

really though, grind down those bolts! its EASY. and it affects nothing. the spindle nut can still come off and re-thread on. its just plain metal for .5" till you get to the first thread. i had my engineer buddy check it out and he said absolutely no worries. anyone buying your car would never even know. the dealer probably wouldnt know, even if they pulled it apart, lol.

and if you reallly want to have the 10th look you can have the gloss black SVT caps made for them :beer:

Mine are the same way, the axle bolt pushes out the centercap w/out a spacer. I was real close to shaving mine down but I actually like how they look with the spacer, they sit perfect IMO.

I just have the MM 1/4 inchers in all my pics including my sig pic. I'm just gonna keep running them.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread