True Forged redesigned intercooler reservoir Group Buy

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I got mine in a couple days ago. I'm sad I won't qualify for the rebate as there is no way for me to get mine on in 30 days. Soonest I could get it on is Sept. Iraq sucks........

1,000th post!

come on brother. you know i wouldnt do a serviceman like that. just let me know when you do it and ill take care of you :beer:

how far from the top should we fill this to? i think i filled it too high and it spit some coolant out the lid. even if i crank the lid all the way shut, but i noticed someone said not to fill it all the way because that would happen.

i wouldnt fill it all the way. id leave about .5" from the top. when the fluid heats up it expands and rises and looks for a way to get out.

ditchsnake

Established Member
still waiting

hey Steve how is my intercooler res. doing. Polished/polished and custom etched. Ditchsnake shows as pending. Thanks Gene

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
hopefully he makes it home OK, i just sent him another e-mail, his PM inbox was full

dpotter

Established Member
Steve, holler when you get a chance...thinking about all those SC'd Marauders. Also could've helped you out in SA, big MM crew down there with a couple of ACES.... Hope ya'll made it home fine and your ride is solid. PM sent, call me, thanks.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve, any updates? Or possible ship dates for the custom etched tanks.

yes sir. the tanks are finally at the engravers right now. they were dropped off there last week. we were just waiting on the last tanks to get finished up. ive been trying to call the shop to see if theyre ready yet.

yeah, i got stuck in SA for about 6 hours :bored: then got towed 250 miles in the wrong direction! the guys at PSI in houston helped me out :beer: they have a very nice shop and a ton of lightnings and mustangs there. they must be doing something right :thumbsup:

yeah, i may be getting an iphone as soon as my current contract is up. blackberry sucks for svtp, but it rules for email :shrug:

ive had quite a few peeps hit me up about doing another GB. ill try to get a new thread up tonight. ive got a TON of stuff i have to take care of after being gone for the past 9 days :read:

vickerw

Established Member
Yeah if you were trying to get back to Cali, then Houston was definitely the wrong direction. LOL. I have heard PSI does some good work. I need to go check them out sometime. Glad they took care of you!:thumbsup:
Let us know when the next GB forum is up. I want in on this one.

RARESNAKE

Established Member
Glad you got back ok. Anticipation is killing me here!!! Can't wait to see my tank on the car. Let me know once it ships out. Thanks.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hey guys,
ive had enough people :poke: me so im going to start another GB thread for these.

fyi: we are always looking for feedback and to make our products even better. 1 or 2 people contacted me saying they were experiencing some leaking from the cap. IF this has happned to you, please email me. we have been working feverishly with our machinist to get address this. today, we tried a fix and pressure tested Raresnake's tank to 12psi with NO leaks whatsoever. the Oring that you have on your cap right now is a "radial oring". we will send you a "crush oring" that lays over the radial one. the cap will still fit just fine, but the TF on the cap may not sit straight when you tighten it up since you will be turning the cap a little more, "crushing" the crush oring. that's why i say only add it if you NEED it. i know that some of the tanks are holding the fluid just fine. i will send everyone who bought a tank, one of these orings regardless, then its just up to you if you want/need to add it.

*also, some of the gt500 customers have requested a pressure relief valve. we have been looking at those as well, as an option to our tanks. its mostly just needed for road racing applications where the pressure in the tanks can REALLY build up. we are also looking at way to retro fit them onto tanks that are already in cars (if people wanted them). its really not necessary for a normally driven street/strip cobra.

the last tanks that i have are at the engraving shop. i just talked to them yesterday. they were dropped off by my buddy last week, but the shop said they werent sure what i wanted done to them so they were sitting all week as they waited for my call :bored: so they should be done by mid next week, possibly sooner. somehow i screwed up in my count and ran short on ONE tank and basically dont have one for my own car :kaboom::( so ill have to get my new from the next GB :bash:

*edit* if you read this yesterday you read about the donut style flange. after testing it in the tanks, we found that it makes the cap go on TOO tight. as in you'd need a tool to loosen the cap. and it wasnt necessary. my guy tested the tank last night with the new crush Oring to 12psi. the metal actually started to expand to the point he thought it was going to pop! lol. no leaks at all! so the new Oring does the job just fine. when you get yours, if you decide to use it, just lay it over the existing Oring. you can add some grease if you like but not absolutely necessary. also, if you do use this oring, the cap will then need to be turned all the way to be tightened. so your cap will no longer sit the same (ie the TF logo sitting at 90 degrees). for future tanks they'll be designed so they do. the Oring can easily come off too, if you decide you'd rather not use it. ill start sending these out to everyone this weekend.

**we also discussed the pressure relief valves. he's doing some research onto what he can make work. so far it looks like the best option is one that mounts inside the cap. possibly where the TF logo is. if you dont have the proper tools, you can send it back to us and we'll do it for no charge. you just pay for the shipping and the parts. he's looking at a style where you drill into the cap, then run a tap to make threads. then the relief valve threads into it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread