True Forged Mach 5

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Anyone know what the weight difference is between the 2 and 3 piece Mach 5's in Satin Black with Polished lip (same ones posted above)?

My 3-piece Mach 5's were 21 lbs I believe (REARS!).

Austins cobra - is that a 10" rear rim or bigger? Any rubbing issues with the 315?

Not to butt in, but looks like a 10.5. He has the same exact tire setup I had and it looks identical.

Predatorbird

Established Member
DSC03847-1.jpg

DSC03995.jpg

CBDSC03681.jpg

SDSC03694.jpg

DSC03689.jpg

I like these the best. :beer:

bullittbuild

Established Member
TF_Mach5_Wheels.jpg
[/QUOTE]

why is the lip in the front here appear so much bigger than everyone elses... this car is pure sex :bowdown:

SpectorV

Established Member
no one has yet to post up fully polished mach 5's or any with no bolts, i may be the first that ive seen on here lol

bubbrubb

Nice wheels on the Red Cobra. The satin black centers really pop versus the satin finish.
I'm guessing you're talking about me? I think I'm the only red on satin black? (in this thread at least)

Yeah, the satin finish is the way to go, it gives the rims a very non off-the-shelf look. If I were to do it again, I'd order them exactly the same :beer:
thats what i figured... looks killer maybe steve can make some with the lip in front
you can get a bigger lip in the front, but personally I think it looks crappy. Shallower front lip makes the rear lip look bigger and more dramatic... and more natural (to my eyes at least)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Anyone know what the weight difference is between the 2 and 3 piece Mach 5's in Satin Black with Polished lip (same ones posted above)?

the only REAL difference is the assembly bolts. those add about 2-3lbs per wheel. a 2 piece 18x10" wheel with the bolts should weigh the same (approx) as a 3 piece 18x10.

the real difference is in the rear pad cut. for a big brake cut up front, we dont cut any of the rear pad. this actually makes the wheel weigh more because that is where the majority of the wheel's weight is. it can be a difference of a few pounds.

Austins cobra - is that a 10" rear rim or bigger? Any rubbing issues with the 315?

10.5"

My 3-piece Mach 5's were 21 lbs I believe (REARS!).

Not to butt in, but looks like a 10.5. He has the same exact tire setup I had and it looks identical.

no one has yet to post up fully polished mach 5's or any with no bolts, i may be the first that ive seen on here lol

ive posted up polished 17" Mach 5s before. im about to ship out a set of polished 19" Mach 5s to an svtper

Can't believe I missed these- These are sweet!! How do you like them? Hard to clean?

the centers are brushed aluminum which are clear coated. easy as pie to clean. the lips are polished but arent that bad. especially if you put a sealant on them while theyre still new.

who are you? lol. you must have bought those off someone else. i dont recall selling a set to you :p looks good. glad to see a set on an SN195 :thumbsup:

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
It is. That's Epik's car when he was asking for PS of wheels.

No need to look. Here you go.

274939.jpg

275177.jpg

275180.jpg

Matt is correct. They are brushed. This is what I will be going with on my next set of wheels. :rolling:

Kevin, I see orange peel on your car.....:nonono:

Time to get it re-painted :beer:

BTW: I really like how yours don't have the bolts.... Very Nice!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread