True Forged hood vent Group Buy****

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
I undertand you have lots to do and this GB take some time, but honnestly it is taking longer than i tought it would take!!!! Any news when it will be shipped Steve:rockon:

Thanks

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I undertand you have lots to do and this GB take some time, but honnestly it is taking longer than i tought it would take!!!! Any news when it will be shipped Steve:rockon:

Thanks
Yes, they take some time, but the final product is worth the wait. I've gotten several compliments on mine. I did like JSkwarek suggested and used black buttonhead allen bolts underneath. Real nice finish to a great product.

And after a road trip yesterday, parked in my driveway, I could see all that heat exiting the hood in the shadow the car cast on the concrete.

WydOpen

Established Member
Yes, they take some time, but the final product is worth the wait. I've gotten several compliments on mine. I did like JSkwarek suggested and used black buttonhead allen bolts underneath. Real nice finish to a great product.

And after a road trip yesterday, parked in my driveway, I could see all that heat exiting the hood in the shadow the car cast on the concrete.

Where did you guys pick up the black buttonhead bolts from? I just used the supplied hardware for now, but would like to swap them out for something a little cleaner.

TRBO VNM

Where did you guys pick up the black buttonhead bolts from? I just used the supplied hardware for now, but would like to swap them out for something a little cleaner.

just go to your local hardware store and hit up the specialty bolts section. I have a couple true value's and american hardware stores here. they have a section in their nuts and bolts with all those small pull out tray boxes.

just bring one of the studs there and match it up.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member

I purchased mine at a local mom and pop hardware store called Elliott's. It's a common size I think the problem most are going to have is finding it in Black Oxide. Push comes to shove I'll go buy a box and send them to those that need them.

Jason

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hey Steve, do you think mine+ice box will be shipped this week?

Thanks

yes sir. i just drag my feet when shipping to canada. lol. its a minor pita and a little time consuming. i promise ill get them out for you this week. theyre here and ready to go. thank you for your patience.

Any vents getting shipped this week?

yours are quasi ready. since you only ordered half of the set polished, it through the shop off i guess, so they didnt get polished. i shouldnt have made that an option and wont next time. i can keep track of it but i guess its too minute for them to do so. especially when trying to knock out a batch all at once. ill pm you.

NWUCIT

Established Member
The vents ARE very nice.....since I ordered the brushed set, I used stainless cap head bolts (same size as previously mentioned)..really like the look.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
I have tried emailing for an update so whats going on?

Thanks again cant wait to get them.:beer:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
i tried to pm svt4stv but his box is full, i want to order some as well, pm when u have a chance im local to you so if we can meet up let me know...hood vents are sick.....:banana:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I have tried emailing for an update so whats going on?

Thanks again cant wait to get them.:beer:

just sent you a pm. yours are ready to go.

I think Steve is just swamped?

yes. but not in a "money's pouring in" kind of way :read:

I'd sure like mine to get here.......

im sure you would! lol. you'll get them.. for those that got on board after the GB, you've got a little waiting to do. but they'll be there :beer:

i tried to pm svt4stv but his box is full, i want to order some as well, pm when u have a chance im local to you so if we can meet up let me know...hood vents are sick.....:banana:

sorry, cleared up some room now. all sold out bud. there will be another GB as soon as this one is completely done and everyone has their stuff. that will proooobably be the last GB for a while because i have a friend who is starting a mustang parts website who is interested in picking up a few sets. so, id be referring peeps to him to buy them. the price will probably be a little big higher too. so see a 2nd GB as your "last chance" to get them at these prices... (at least until he's sold out of them and we need to do another batch).

also, for the next GB. the price will be going up $10. i underestimated the cost of shipping these things :bash:

I sent him an email last night.

you just bought yourself another week mister :poke: [Breakfast Club dean]

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
just sent you a pm. yours are ready to go.

yes. but not in a "money's pouring in" kind of way :read:

im sure you would! lol. you'll get them.. for those that got on board after the GB, you've got a little waiting to do. but they'll be there :beer:

sorry, cleared up some room now. all sold out bud. there will be another GB as soon as this one is completely done and everyone has their stuff. that will proooobably be the last GB for a while because i have a friend who is starting a mustang parts website who is interested in picking up a few sets. so, id be referring peeps to him to buy them. the price will probably be a little big higher too. so see a 2nd GB as your "last chance" to get them at these prices... (at least until he's sold out of them and we need to do another batch).

also, for the next GB. the price will be going up $10. i underestimated the cost of shipping these things :bash:

you just bought yourself another week mister :poke: [Breakfast Club dean]

where do i sign up for the last group buy?:bored:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Just got mine installed today. I hope SVTP doesn't go down before I get pics posted up.

Before looks like a dark hole.

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

After. Really brightens up the hood. I may even have to spring for the black frames later.
DSC02283.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Question. Did you guys sandwich the screens on the top of the hood or underneath the hood? I put mine on the top. Just wondering. Hey Steve, fit and finish was perfect. Thanks. I highly recommend these. About the easiest install I ever did on a car, of any kind. I am also going to have to put in the black screens on one side and see what ones everybody likes best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread