Trouble programming Homelink in 2013 GT500

Expygator

I’ve programmed these in every other vehicle I’ve owned including many Fords. I’ve read the owner’s manual for this and watched YouTube videos. I feel like an idiot because nothing is working. Clearly, I’m skipping a step or not reading something right.

Does anyone have a sure fire link or step by step “how to” explanation for this? My garage door is made by Linear, and it is a rolling code style door opener. I have two garage doors.

Thanks,
Dean

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Get a step ladder and the instructions for your system should be on the back of the motor box.

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

08mojo

Established Member
Wish I could help. I can say: programming my car to the opener has never, ever gone as easily as the videos on youtube show. The process has always been completely different. I am using rolling code genie openers that are roughly 7 years old.

Expygator

Took me like 10 seconds in my 2018 F150. Has the process changed since 2013?

I doubt it has changed. It seems like there’s a slight variation in several of the videos but for the most part it’s the same. I’ve successfully done this in every Ford I’ve had. This one is being a pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
I doubt it has changed. It seems like there’s a slight variation in several of the videos but for the most part it’s the same. I’ve successfully done this in every Ford I’ve had. This one is being a pita.

I didn't watch any videos. I did what the owners' manual said to do. I don't mean to sound condescending, but try doing exactly what it says. I think it even describes how to clear out old programming. Maybe do that first, and start fresh.

Expygator

I didn't watch any videos. I did what the owners' manual said to do. I don't mean to sound condescending, but try doing exactly what it says. I think it even describes how to clear out old programming. Maybe do that first, and start fresh.

No worries, but I’ve read it and followed it step by step. Also cleared old codes. Maybe it needs another set of eyes. I’ll have my wife read it while I do it.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Every time I have had problems programing my car I found that the code was maxed out.
In other words, the opener has a limit on the number of devices that can be programmed.

Try completely resetting the code and then re-program all your current devices.

Expygator

Every time I have had problems programing my car I found that the code was maxed out.
In other words, the opener has a limit on the number of devices that can be programmed.

Try completely resetting the code and then re-program all your current devices.

My door openers both have rolling codes. If you mean change those codes, I don’t think you can.
I only have 2 cars programmed to these doors.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I've yet to get the wife's 2016 Mustang to work with our garage door system. The '09 Z and previous vehicles were a snap. The new Mustang just refuses to capture the code.

U.M.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I went through this same thing a few years back when I picked up my 13 GT. Long story short there are 2 different types of controllers that Ford used for the Mustang, they are Homelink and Car2U. IIRC, the owners manual has instructions for Homelink only. I probably spent 30 minutes trying to program mine using the Homelink instructions and it never worked. Tried the Car2U sequence and it worked first time. See if this link will work for you, it has instructions for both controllers:
www.fordgt500.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=85378

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Just to add: you may need a repeater. I've had similar issues on numerous vehicles. Spent lots of time pulling my hair out, and then, upon digging ever deeper, I eventually find out I need a repeater. Once I add the repeater, all works perfectly. This has happened twice. I have two working repeaters in my garage.

Expygator

I went through this same thing a few years back when I picked up my 13 GT. Long story short there are 2 different types of controllers that Ford used for the Mustang, they are Homelink and Car2U. IIRC, the owners manual has instructions for Homelink only. I probably spent 30 minutes trying to program mine using the Homelink instructions and it never worked. Tried the Car2U sequence and it worked first time. See if this link will work for you, it has instructions for both controllers:

Now that you mention it, mine does not have a house on it. It’s probably not homelink. Damn. I’ll look into this.

pierce88

Established Member

You're the real hero. I gave up on mine so long ago. Going to try this when I get home.

-Pierce

Users who are viewing this thread