Trouble hitting 3rd in your Cobra??

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I found the solution to my problem . . .

Cobra's have always had trouble going into 3rd at high rpms on stock clutchs . . . but an aftermarket clutch and firewall adjuster greatly helps this problem . . .

but I found my solution to never missing it again . . .

http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda-pistolgrip-shift-knob.html

honestly!!! this feels so easy for 3rd gear now . . . I recommend this shift knob for the weekend warrior at the track, or for everyday driving like myself. . . 3rd gear woahs are now gone!!! :rockon:

I love it, just thought I would share my experience :beer:

Venimus03

Established Member
Sweet, I have always wanted to try a pistol grib shift knob out.....maybe i'll come across one this weekend at carlisle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The reason why this pistol grip handle works to fix 2-3 gear shifting woes is because it forces your hand to be in the optimum position for shifter the T-56. Back in the day we had instructions posted here for the best positioning of your hand around a traditional knob to eliminate 2-3 shift troubles. This handle does the same thing, but better because you're forced to the optimal position whenever you grab it around the finger indentions. Pretty cool, eh?

Juruense

Banned
Sorry but I would never run that ugly pistol grip...

Here is what I have:
race_cobra05.jpg

OmahaStang

Established Member
Kind of funny this thread has come up.. I've resorted to putting my 5.0 shifter knob on the cobra for it is smaller and is also something I'm more used to too. I find/found that hitting the gears are a lot easier with it for some reason. The only draw back from it is I get a bit more sound from the transmission now. (not as isolated like the stock shifter knob)

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
stock shifter + steeda tri-ax handle = smooth as butter
when i'm racing i hit 3rd like i can't miss...when i tell people i'm still on the stock shifter they think i'm crazy but it works like a champ with the tri-ax handle

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I bought a previose stick car with a "broom handle" type knob and it felt 10x better than a knob. I'm going to eventually buy one for my cobra

Users who are viewing this thread