Trip to the nurnburgring

99arboC

Established Member
Well I drove to the Nurnburgring yesterday and did four laps. WOW what a experience and wake up call. I have no driving skills! but had a blast. There were several wrecks and a few blown engine. I met a guy from Belgium with a nice 2011 Camaro I believe SLP ZL585 it was a special edition supercharged. He offered to take me on a lap in his car.That was one hell of a experience he has been driving the track for like 20 years and knew every turn. I thought for sure a few times he was pushing it a little to hard and we would end up wrecking but that didn't happen.
Here are a few pics and a video of my last lap. He had me follow him to help show me some of the lines. Even with him slowing down and waiting for me I could barely keep up LOL.
So next on this list is Hockenhiemring for driving school.
DSC02352_zps55776f2e.jpg

DSC02353_zpsedab50aa.jpg

DSC02347_zps0dae47d7.jpg

DSC02339_zps1b11ee45.jpg

DSC02340_zps6b3ff01f.jpg

DSC02351_zps49c4956b.jpg

DSC02348_zpsb268af45.jpg

Another thing I learned is that I need to clean my car out and put all my stuff in a bag and tie it down. Thats my other camera, coffee cup, gps, and jacket flying around the car as I drive.
[youtube_browser]K9uCcuXiKG0[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely had a blast. Very few actually get to drive the Ring. Was it more fun to drive the track, or ride in the Camaro with someone else driving...on the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread