Trinity motor (13/14 GT500) vs Hellcat motor (16+ 6.2L)

Which engine is more stout: Trinity or 6.2L HC (non superstock/demon)?

• Total voters

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm still learning about the tech involved with the HC motor and know about the limits of the Trinity.

For those who have experience with both, which engine was more stout? Which one can put down more power without opening the engine? Which can do 200-300k miles?

I know I may get a bias response here, but I know there are quite a few HC owners here too. Admittedly I used to not care for any of the HC cars, but now considering getting one in manual only. Really wish Dodge made a manual HC Charger tho.

MG0h3

Established Member
HC.

This is a no brainer to me, although I’m not a member of any other forum than this, so see a lot more info on the Trinity.

But unless I’m mistaken, factory Trinity “be careful” level is what, 800 wheel?

Plus you have the exorbitant repair/upgrade costs with that platform.

From what I’ve seen, cursing around at 900-1000 wheel in the tank is no big deal.

Which is more fun to drive is another story…..

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
HC.

This is a no brainer to me, although I’m not a member of any other forum than this, so see a lot more info on the Trinity.

From what I’ve seen, cursing around at 900-1000 wheel in the tank is no big deal.

Absolutely on point.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
HC.

Pretty much. The be careful part is really limiting the rpm’s to around 6k-6250.

HC are really cool, but honestly feel like boats to me. I wouldn’t want one as a weekend toy. DD for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
i MAY be qualified to answer this :)

The 6.2 is stouter, but not by a whole lot. The rods are the weak link in the bottom end, and anything over 900 REAL whp is 'in the danger zone' but I know Trinitys cant make that kind of power reliably.

Of course I have guys on spray making 1100whp or so, but that's REALLY pushing it, and nitrous is a whole different ballgame.

Only downside with the Hemis is when they fail, they fail catastrophically. Tweak a rod, side load a piston, bam spits rod out of the block. New viewing window. :) First mod we did to our 2020 HC shop car was our Drop In Rods and Pistons, Now she's running 9.0 on stock displacement engine / stock blower / stock transmission, and that's with zero racing in 2020 essentially lol

Users who are viewing this thread