Tried to place my order.....

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Hey, everyone! Well, I tried to place my order this morning at my dealer (at 9:30 eastern time). All the codes came up, but when he tried to place it, the message was "Job1 line not ready"! :eek:
He said he was going to re-try around noon....So here I am, at work, PACING THE FLOORS, WALLS & CEILING!!!!! Could not confirm price as that is a function of the order response system. Here's what I am planning on ordering:

T89 Convertible
68S Premium Interior Upgrade
T8 Tuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnngsten Grey Clearcoat (saw an '06 on the lot looks GREAT w/the black top!!!)
A Black Convertible top
GW Charcoal Black Interior
7 Satin Silver Side Stripes (say that 3 times fast!!!)

That's about it because almost everything else is standard. That's the update, I'll keep you posted!!! Now, I'll just sit here and go crazy!!!!! :dw:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
What's the "deal" with your dealer? Are you paying a markup? Just curious, if you get solid price info pleeeeeease post. And good luck / congrat's, sounds like a sweet combo you picked.

D.

roadhog

Established Member
I Work At A Dealership And We Have An Order That Has Been Placed By Ford In Our Order Bank. It Is For A Convertable T89. It Shows A "job1 Order" Connotation On The Order But Still No Prices. I Heard From A Source Not At Ford That Sometime Today Ford Will Release Prices, So I Am Checking This Order Every Hour Or So To See If It True. If So I Will Post Prices As Soon As I Get Them

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Just returned home from my local Ford dealer. I had my SVT in for some minor service. While I'm there my salesman buddy comes walking up holding, hot off the press, the MAJOR PRODUCT SUMMARY for the 2007 Shelby GT500. Then he informes me that they are in fact going to start the pricing at +$10,000 over sticker. They did not get a price sheet. It does not matter any more as they just priced me right out of it! This is my local dealer who I have done business with for many years. I live in a town of 12,000. I guess I will purchase my next car from another dealer. I hate price gouging! :cuss: :shrug:

Last edited:

roadhog

Established Member
CRISPY23c WE DID NOT PLACE THE ORDER OUR FORD REP CALLED AND ASKED THE GENERAL SALES MANAGER WHAT WE WANTED.THE FORD REP ENTERED IT.SO IT JUST SHOWED UP ON THE ORDER BANK LAST THURSDAY OR FRIDAY SO I PRINTED A DORA (ORDER CONFIRMATION) AND IT GIVES THE JOB 1 IDENTIFIER ATTACHED TO THIS ORDER. STILL NO PRICES OR E.TA. YET. BUT I WAS TOLD BY THE G.S.M. FORD IS HAND PICKING THE ORDERS. SO NO TELLING WHAT OR WHEN IT ( THE CAR OR PRICES ON IT) WILL SHOW UP

VNMOUS1

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Hey, everyone! Well, I tried to place my order this morning at my dealer (at 9:30 eastern time). All the codes came up, but when he tried to place it, the message was "Job1 line not ready"! :eek:
He said he was going to re-try around noon....So here I am, at work, PACING THE FLOORS, WALLS & CEILING!!!!! Could not confirm price as that is a function of the order response system. Here's what I am planning on ordering:

T89 Convertible
68S Premium Interior Upgrade
T8 Tuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnngsten Grey Clearcoat (saw an '06 on the lot looks GREAT w/the black top!!!)
A Black Convertible top
GW Charcoal Black Interior
7 Satin Silver Side Stripes (say that 3 times fast!!!)

That's about it because almost everything else is standard. That's the update, I'll keep you posted!!! Now, I'll just sit here and go crazy!!!!! :dw:

Got mine in at 12:19pm today (eastern). Two pages...Vehicle order confirmation and a Targeted Product Offering Vehicle Order (whatever that is). In any case, it took it and says Order #****has been added to the order bank.

All the best!

bj :pepper:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Now, he calls me and says I am going on a list, at #6. They will contact me later this afternoon. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I feel a screw job coming on... :mj: :cuss:

Additionally, as a side note the initial allocation - he said- was to be 12-15 units, and possibly more for this dealer. So, for those of you who may have to wait (me included), there is some kind of hope.....I'm just getting really tired of getting d*cked around.....I just want to order the :cuss: thing!!!

Last edited:

rpretzel

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Now, he calls me and says I am going on a list, at #6. They will contact me later this afternoon. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I feel a screw job coming on... :mj: :cuss:

Sounds a little like what's happening to me. I was #3 on a list. I stopped by my dealer on Saturday, and the sales manager pulls me aside to tell me they are sending back my deposit and they will be selling their GT500's on a "first come first serve" basis. Evidently someone had a problem with how they were managing their list and got lawyers involved. WTF is that about?!?!?! :mj: :cuss: :cryying: :shrug:

drmustang

Banned
There is not much here to be confused about. Your dealers "first" car is going to whoever agrees to be financially hammered the hardest. Did anyone really expect this to work any differently.

R1Lello

Established Member
:mj:

Well........it's very clear now.........For most of you u.s. guys..........dealers are going to make as much profit as someone is willing to pay regardless of any 'list' . I can only pray we canadian's on our lists will remain the same as they can not sell over msrp so no reason to alter the lists for any reason. I feel for you guys........I really mean that. It's not fair. Only solution is to hope the excitement dies down but this is out of hand now............I don't think the total amount of all the GT500 's for 2007 will be a problem to sell at all. The money is out there and from all the hype, the buyers are waiting too to dish it out.

mrGT

Established Member
crazyhorse has been preaching that Ford needs to be vocal about the cost and production numbers...and you would have to agree that if Ford would publish those numbers, it would go a long way to putting a damper on the craziness, as well as calming the nerves.

rpretzel

Established Member
mrGT said:
crazyhorse has been preaching that Ford needs to be vocal about the cost and production numbers...and you would have to agree that if Ford would publish those numbers, it would go a long way to putting a damper on the craziness, as well as calming the nerves.

I completely agree. Ford is really dropping the ball on this product launch, and it's the consumer getting the shaft. How do you open order banks but not release allocations and pricing?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
rpretzel said:
I completely agree. Ford is really dropping the ball on this product launch, and it's the consumer getting the shaft. How do you open order banks but not release allocations and pricing?
because they want to ruin sales like they did with the Tbird and Ford GT.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
rpretzel said:
Sounds a little like what's happening to me. I was #3 on a list. I stopped by my dealer on Saturday, and the sales manager pulls me aside to tell me they are sending back my deposit and they will be selling their GT500's on a "first come first serve" basis. Evidently someone had a problem with how they were managing their list and got lawyers involved. WTF is that about?!?!?! :mj: :cuss: :cryying: :shrug:

Did they cash your check and did you have any agreement, in writing, as to your "deal"? I will assume you had a written agreement; with that and a cashed check, the car is yours at whatever your agreed upon price was.

Good luck.
\bj

roadhog

Established Member
The Dealership[ Where I Work Has Gotten A Vin Number But No Prices On The 07 Vert.still Checking For Prices. Will Let All Know If Anything Changes

R1Lello

Established Member
roadhog said:
The Dealership[ Where I Work Has Gotten A Vin Number But No Prices On The 07 Vert.still Checking For Prices. Will Let All Know If Anything Changes

:poke:

What?? what vin??? I was in the business........the VIN comes weeks after the order is processed or weeks after production starts but common to get it 2-3 weeks before the dealer receives the car. Sorry, calling that bs.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:poke:

What?? what vin??? I was in the business........the VIN comes weeks after the order is processed or weeks after production starts but common to get it 2-3 weeks before the dealer receives the car. Sorry, calling that bs.
he prob means order number

Users who are viewing this thread