TRC Viper T/A Takes On A K Series Turbo Civic

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Civics steering looks like it's going to rattle off lol. Pulled a Win though.

Solo302

Established Member
Gotta hand it to the little civic, it was the faster of the two in a straight line. Im sure that little 4banger is making some power...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL at the Little Trees air-freshener flapping in the wind. Gotta give the little Honda credit for the win, but.......oh how I'd love to own that Viper. Gorgeous. Even losing the race it oozes beauty and muscle.

MTBSully

Established Member
Why do ricers cut holes in their rear bumpers? Honestly how much weight are you really saving at the cost of making your car look like garbage? I don't understand any of their logic.

Brandon619

Established Member
I willing to bet this civic hurts a lot of feelings. GM should have put a turbo K series motor in the new C7 Z06! J/K.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Why do ricers cut holes in their rear bumpers? Honestly how much weight are you really saving at the cost of making your car look like garbage? I don't understand any of their logic.

It's to let air out so the bumper cover doesn't fly off... Ricers as you call it are not all retarded.

MTBSully

Established Member
It's to let air out so the bumper cover doesn't fly off... Ricers as you call it are not all retarded.

So you spent a bunch of money modding a car that can't even go fast without the rear bumper flying off or cutting massive holes in it?

RSbeast

Established Member
I'm more surprised the front bumper didn't cut those slicks the way it deflected.

I hate hate hate hate ultra gutted cars that try for the underdog 'I beat "X" with ONLY "X" mods!'. You basically made it a racecar.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
So you spent a bunch of money modding a car that can't even go fast without the rear bumper flying off or cutting massive holes in it?

Yea. Kind of the same things that people do to mustsngs with the 10 inch cowl hoods. Holes on number are probably more usefull though.

DSS

Established Member

Why in every threads like this one, someone like you step in and judge the exterior and creature comforts of the honda? Who gives a **** this, op started the thread to show the contest of speed between viper and civic,

If you want to judge by its look or comfort, stick to the car show/meet then wax on, and let the racers race

LightningTeg

Established Member

From what I have read it is worth a few mph and .2-.3 ET on the drag cars. Rules in the past did not allow for belly pans to keep air from inside the bumper. On Hondas VX model (the gas saver) they had factory plastic to deflect air away from the bumper cavity. So its not pointless but on a 14 sec. daily driver it makes little difference Im sure lol.

EG-airdeflector_1a.jpg

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
From what I have read it is worth a few mph and .2-.3 ET on the drag cars. Rules in the past did not allow for belly pans to keep air from inside the bumper. On Hondas VX model (the gas saver) they had factory plastic to deflect air away from the bumper cavity. So its not pointless but on a 14 sec. daily driver it makes little difference Im sure lol.

EG-airdeflector_1a.jpg

Is there something inherent with import cars to make them usually be the main guys running these holes? I never see 8-9 Foxes, Camaros etc etc doing that.

MTBSully

Established Member
Why in every threads like this one, someone like you step in and judge the exterior and creature comforts of the honda? Who gives a **** this, op started the thread to show the contest of speed between viper and civic,

If you want to judge by its look or comfort, stick to the car show/meet then wax on, and let the racers race

Because I do what I want. It was a good race no doubt, I never called that into question. I just don't understand 99% of Honda drivers/ricers. I see this shit all the time on stock cars with fart cans.

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member

EG-airdeflector_1a.jpg

That was my first thought as well. Instead of cutting up your car, why not fab up some quick underbelly plastic that would probably be even more effective than your sawzall, and look 10x better.

Users who are viewing this thread