Travis Burelle - Boostworks (Katy,TX) - BEWARE PART 2

gt35016

Established Member
Another customer saying stay away from Travis if you live outside of Houston!

I was in the market for a turbo kit for my 16 Shelby GT350 when I came across Boostworks. After speaking with Travis, he offered me a deal on the kit discounting some of the services. So on August 11, 2017 I had paid for the kit in full and was given a three to four week lead time. After four weeks (early September) I emailed to get an update, the parts were not ready due to Hurricane Harvey stopping a lot of shipments. Fair. Travis called me up and said luckily they got out of the hurricane unscathed but are just waiting on parts and that in 2 weeks it would be ready to ship. Well after two weeks I email again asking if it was ready, no response. I continued to email once a week with no response until Early November when I emailed and said to refund my money and cancel my order. Well minutes after I sent that email I have Travis calling me telling me that everything is ready to ship and if I would like it sent over.

At this point I was fed up. Suspiciously has the parts ready the minute I talk about refunding? And I would have had the tuning done by them since i purchased the full kit. All my unanswered emails and calls were a clear sign that they would not be reliable, would take years!

But this is where it gets interesting...

So I told Travis no I was not happy with what has happened and that I would like a refund on my kit. Well he doesn't do refunds of course, but agreed that based on the sale of the next kit that I had orderd, my kit would go to the buyer and then the refund would be made out to me. Again I asked for a timeline, 1 month. Ok well I gave it a month and nothing. After that month I was calling and emailing him and he did not answer a single time. Until i brought up getting a lawyer and bringing this to court did he actually reply and accuse me of threatening him. Well if thats what it takes to get a word out of this guy.

But I cool down and try to speed up the process by finding a buyer for my kit. And I found one, he was all in but just wanted to go over some details with Travis (again since my kit included tuning). So I told him to call Travis, he told me he called several times and never got an answer. After that I called in several times and luckily enough I got Andrew on the line who works at Boostworks. Told him that I have a buyer gave him the contact information at which point Andrew said that he will get Travis to give him a call. I kept in touch with my buyer and he never received a call from Boostworks and decided that they were unreliable and was no longer interested in the kit.

Now I am here, getting an attorney set up to take this guy to court because he refuses to pick up the phone even though he is on Instagram posting multiple times everyday!

I want to put Travis in the spotlight for being a poor businessman, he doesn't get into work till 2 p.m which is when Andrew stops answering and the calls go to voicemail. He doesn't follow up with his customers and answer emails. I help run the family business where I am and I sure could teach him a thing or two!

Unless you can walk up to his shop and see him in person, DO NOT BUY FROM BOOSTWORKS.

Hellion offers the same product, little bit more, but the customer service they would offer is priceless after having dealt with Travis.

"Make your own determination of Travis and Boostworks as the intent of this thread is to inform all of the misdealing's between Travis Burelle" - jsucil89

Also I believe Travis' account here is Blown2004Stang.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
He needs to be banned. To many bad stories. I had to go back and read the threads, upset with myself I didn't remember this bullshit.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I had a similar experience when I️ bought a Kenne bell from him. After a long wait and parts not being ready to ship, I️ got my blower and it was covered in dried up liquid foam. He wanted me to do my tuning from him but I️ didn’t even consider it. As OP stated, I’m sure he’s great if you’re local to him, but wouldn’t deal with him if you’re not.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This isn't the first bad story I have read about Boostworks.
(I'm not taking sides here, just stating the facts.)

gt35016

Established Member
Yea so ill most likely be taking a trip down to houston this year to see this guy in court. I understood why he didnt want to refund me but I had a buyer for my kit. Why wouldnt he reply then? I was hoping that some of you would be able to shed some light on this matter as ive seen other threads get him replying...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yea so ill most likely be taking a trip down to houston this year to see this guy in court. I understood why he didnt want to refund me but I had a buyer for my kit. Why wouldnt he reply then? I was hoping that some of you would be able to shed some light on this matter as ive seen other threads get him replying...
He can't reply.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think he posts on the 6th generation Mustang forum.

Users who are viewing this thread