Travis Burelle - Boost Works (Katy, TX) **** BEWARE ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsucil89

Established Member
Anyone that is considering doing business with Travis Burelle or Boost Works out of Katy, TX... please **** BEWARE ****

I met Travis on this site and ultimately purchased a 5.0 coyote engine and trans that was removed from a customer car of his. My dealings with Travis were great as he provided an invoice, I paid the invoice, and Travis shipped the engine/trans. I passed along Travis's name to a friend of mine that was interested in having Travis build a handful of high hp engines for future car builds. My friend contacted Travis and Travis made a good impression on him as Travis appeared to be very knowledgeable about high hp engines.

Travis and my friend agreed to a total sale price of approx. $60K for 3 complete long block engines.... (1) 5.1L coyote with Turbo, (1) LS 6.0, and (1) LS7 with 2.9L Kenne Bell supercharger. Travis requested that payment be sent in full as building these engines required long lead time orders from vendors and seeing Travis just started his new company, Boost Works, he didn't have the capital to cover the parts. My friend agreed and sent payment in full to Travis with documentation to substantiate this. Initially, Travis provided weekly updates of the engine builds and kept my friend in the loop. After several months, almost a year after Travis received the monies, Travis finally shipped (2) of the (3) crate engines. However, Travis didn't supply the Precision 76mm ball bearing turbo for the 5.1 Coyote engine nor did he supply the LS7 engine with Kenne Bell supercharger. After being very patient, my friend contacted him via several text messages and phone calls requesting updates as he was getting very concerned. Travis responded stating that he was super busy, falling behind @ the new shop and even had his wife send text messages stating Travis was allegedly sick for several weeks with the flu. Essentially, Travis came up with every excuse under the sun as to why he couldn't fulfill his commitment. Several more months passed and Travis quit answering my friends text messages and phone calls. The last text message received from Travis was March 18, 2015. Travis had obviously blocked future text messages and calls from my friend.

I was put in a tough spot as I referred Travis to my friend and wanted to make the whole ordeal right. I called Travis @ his work yesterday and talked with him, as he didn't have my work ph# blocked. I initially asked Travis details about the 5.1 coyote engine that he had built and delivered to my friend as I was considering buying this engine due to the fact that my friend was out so much money from this ordeal. Travis promised to email me a build sheet for the 5.1 coyote engine, but didn't send an email. Later in our phone conversation, I asked Travis about the missing turbo for the 5.1 coyote engein and missing LS7 engine with Kenne Bell supercharger which was paid for, but never shipped. Travis's tone immediately changed to defense mode! Travis said he was unsure if the turbo was shipped and would have to consult with the guys in the shop, knowing the whole time it wasn't shipped. Travis went on to say that an outstanding balance was owed by my friend which was Travis's justification for not building and sending the LS7 engine with Kenne Bell supercharger.

Below are screen shots from text exchanges between Travis and my friend. As you can see, Travis has clearly admitted fault and continued to make empty promises.

Please make your own determination of Travis and Boost Works as the intent of this thread is to inform all of the misdealing's between Travis Burelle and my friend...

IMG_3948_zpsgiziynyf.jpg

IMG_3949_zpswevw5mpy.jpg

IMG_3950_zps6egjp9oe.jpg

smitty2919

Established Member
Seems like a well explained situation on your part OP. Seems like you and your friend have been patient and maybe it is odd circumstance with Travis being real busy then sick.

That being said, IMO if you are a new shop just starting out, you need to monitor your lead times and workload accordingly to avoid this very situation. I can see how it feels like "I'm on top of the world" getting all this business, but if you can't deliver then it's all for nothing.

It seems like your friend has all the documentation he needs (initial invoice showing the $60K total along with a itemized list of what is to be delivered?). Is there a lead time specified on the invoice for all this work? Is there anything your friend can "hold Travis to" over this from a lead time standpoint? Does your friend have pictures of the 2 motors upon arrival showing the missing parts?

What I'm getting at, is does your friend have anything on his side to "threaten him" Travis with (if it comes to that) to get some resolution? Seems foolish that, flu or not, someone else can not check on an outgoing shipment and if a turbo was sent or not. If not, send it. If it was, prove it.

jsucil89

Established Member
From my understanding, the Boost Works invoice did not list lead times for delivery. I do know that Travis suggested upgraded parts for the coyote and LS7 engines after the original deal was made, which will more than likely be his justification for schedule slippage. However, after talking with Travis myself yesterday, it appears that Travis has no intentions of supplying the missing turbo nor missing LS7 engine seeing this matter is almost 1 year old since the last correspondence between them.

During the end of the phone call between Travis and myself yesterday, Travis requested that my friend call him. I conveyed the message to my friend. My friend called Boost Works several times, but was unsuccessful in getting a hold of Travis.

jsucil89

Established Member
Agreed. My friend has retained an attorney which is the next step. I am hoping that Travis reads this thread, seeing he is a member on this site, and makes this deal right prior to all incurring attorney fees.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
So Travis doesn't have time to do any of this yet he's pumping out promotional YouTube videos all the time. What a loser. Sorry to hear about your friends situation. Unfortunately for Travis word of mouth is a mother****er and this will haunt him forever. Once a thief always a thief.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
have you googled the name Travis Burelle?

I may or may not be in Katy for TX2K.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
There are two sides to every story. I've been on here for a very long time, and I've got a perfect sales record.. Including the engine and trans that you purchased from me, Jack. Correct? In 16 years, I've had a very small number of issues with customers. It happens. But, there are other circumstances at play here. Balances owed, and whatnot. I will not hash this out publicly, and it was not your place to post this up.

Travis

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
There are two sides to every story. I've been on here for a very long time, and I've got a perfect sales record.. Including the engine and trans that you purchased from me, Jack. Correct? In 16 years, I've had a very small number of issues with customers. It happens. But, there are other circumstances at play here. Balances owed, and whatnot. I will not hash this out publicly, and it was not your place to post this up.

Travis

perfect sales record and very small number of issues with customers don't go hand in hand to me, but maybe i'm a crazy person?

when you say it was not his place to post this up, what exactly do you mean?

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
perfect sales record and very small number of issues with customers don't go hand in hand to me, but maybe i'm a crazy person?

when you say it was not his place to post this up, what exactly do you mean?

No one is perfect.. My feedback on this site spans over 7 years, and includes sales of vehicles and parts. I have never ripped anyone off. That being said, I have (in 16 years of doing business) had a handful of customers that we ran over on timeframes, or had misunderstandings with. I have always taken care of them. I am not perfect, and I have no problem admitting that.

This is not the customer posting.. it is his friend posting on his behalf. I sold the OP a motor and trans a few years ago. But, the customer could have posted this himself.

That's all I'm getting at.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Yes there are 2 sides to every story.

It would be best to tell your side would it not?

I can do that.. I will sit down and gather records/info and do that this evening.

I'm asking that people not jump to conclusions until I have a chance to state my side.

Thanks

2001sleeper

Established Member
$60k is a lot of money.
I would have gotten a lawyer a while back.

Looking forward to the other side of the story.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
$60k is a lot of money.
I would have gotten a lawyer a while back.

Looking forward to the other side of the story.

60K is a hell of a lot!

Other side? As far as I'm concerned we need the actual customer to post his side too.

jsucil89

Established Member
I can do that.. I will sit down and gather records/info and do that this evening.

I'm asking that people not jump to conclusions until I have a chance to state my side.

Thanks

Travis - You are correct when you stated that you sold me, Jack, an engine/trans back in Aug 2013 and you held up your end of that deal as did I. Don't get this twisted, never once did I say that I was unhappy with our transaction. I am unhappy because you screwed over my good friend and I'm stuck in the middle.

Back to the point of this thread... If you believe that posting your version of the story regarding "monies Derek paid you and parts you didn't deliver" is warranted in an attempt to save your rep, please post away. I'd love to see how you twist the facts. As you recall, you and I talked yesterday and you specifically told me to have Derek call you. I had him call you, several times, and you can't even answer the phone. That is chicken shit on your part. It's apparent that you're hiding behind your wrong doings. It's been approx. 1 year since you've returned a text message or phone call to Derek.... Do the right thing and quit being a coward!

The facts are: Derek paid you up front and in full for engines that you didn't completely build nor deliver, which is just bad business on your part. It's apparent that you used Derek's money to help start your new business, and that's fine, but its been 2 years and you still owe the man a turbo and an engine. You can't deny the fact that you have admitted falling behind, getting sick, starting a new business, etc. all as excuses of why you didn't supply Derek with the balance of parts owed to him.

Unfortunately, I am now stuck in the middle between a good friend and coward, which is you Travis. You won't answer any phone calls so posting this on the forums is the only way to get your attention and guess what... it worked! DO THE RIGHT THING and call Derek and resolve this matter.

Last edited:

jsucil89

Established Member
60K is a hell of a lot!

Other side? As far as I'm concerned we need the actual customer to post his side too.

My friend, Derek, is not a member on this site, but will be as of this afternoon and would love to inform all of his dealings with Travis. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread