Traveling long distances with Brembo GT?

EnthusiastGT

Established Member
As you know, there is a spare tire dilemma for those with brembos. What is the furthest distance you've driven your brembo GT? did you have a spare tire solution or did you just wing it and call roadside assistance if you had an issue?

I plan on driving about 1000 miles soon and would really love to take my car but must admit I'm a little worried about the spare situation.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It won't help for blow outs but I carry the air pump that came with the car, a plug kit, a jack. I had to plug my drivers side rear tire the first morning after buying the car. Hasn't lost any air since.

Grant808

Established Member
For trips, I carry a spare that fits the rear, and a jack. If a front tire blows, I'd just have to swap two. AAA will only take me 100 miles...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
For trips, I carry a spare that fits the rear, and a jack. If a front tire blows, I'd just have to swap two.

This is my idea, too. A donut should still fit the rear of a Brembo car perfectly fine. Just spend the extra 10-15 min and swap out a rear tire to the front. I will probably carry 2 bottle jacks just in case. They weight all but 10 lbs each...

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I've driven from Fl to NY and 3 times without a spare. I didn't have any problems but I wouldn't risk it. I went ahead and got a spare for another trip coming up.

CPRsm

If you get a spare, make it match the back. Tire height side to side must match in the back or it will burn up your diff.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If you get a spare, make it match the back. Tire height side to side must match in the back or it will burn up your diff.
Now if only we could explain that to all the retards out there with donk cars that end up running a stock spare with their 28s still on the car.....:bash:

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
I have the oem pump, an extra pump and a plug kit. I don't understand why this is such a worry. How often do you get blow outs?

pohnjarker

Established Member
^^^ just a piece of mine really.

I dont really get why not include a spare tire in the name of "saving weight"....like i cant take the tire out myself if i needed too...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I have the oem pump, an extra pump and a plug kit. I don't understand why this is such a worry. How often do you get blow outs?
Here in DFW, there is construction (road or otherwise) around every corner. One of the cons of a booming "local" economy and the gov't fixing their crap. So between the random hardware, giant potholes, and road transitions steep enough for the General Lee to jump, blowout are quite common.

^^^ just a piece of mine really.

I dont really get why not include a spare tire in the name of "saving weight"....like i cant take the tire out myself if i needed too...
It's not weight savings they had in mind with the Brembo GT. Since the front brakes are like 2" bigger than the stock GT brakes, they figured why include a spare tire? Even though it would still fit the rear wheels.......:bash:

MrBonus

Established Member
I drove 3200 miles from Arizona where I bought my Laguna Seca to Delaware on the OEM R Compound tires. A flat tire was my biggest fear.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Two 1200 mile trips on two separate occasions. No issues here. Ford gives roadside assistance for a reason :/

pohnjarker

Established Member
It's not weight savings they had in mind with the Brembo GT. Since the front brakes are like 2" bigger than the stock GT brakes, they figured why include a spare tire? Even though it would still fit the rear wheels.......:bash:

that doesnt surprise me, my dealer told me that as i was picking up the car so i should have known it was BS

Users who are viewing this thread