travel trailer, RV, fifth whee step in - removing graphics

jrandy

Established Member
What's up guys. I don't really post as much these days as I'm between Mustangs, but wanted to get some opinions. I've never been a fan of most graphics - I prefer a cleaner look. However, out of everything we shopped for, I do like the graphics on ours best.

With that said, every time I see a graphic-less rig wherever we camp, I like it more and more. Plus, graphics fade eventually and always look like shit at that stage. So, thoughts on keeping or ditching the graphics?

Day I brought it home:
51073783863_93150cda61_k.jpg

Crappy photoshop:
51841548179_bf71aef135_k.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
How old is it? You might have to buff out where the sun has gone after the gelcoat, such you might still see the graphic after removal. I'd get the "passport" off before the stripes....

jrandy

Established Member
I'd remove it all, including the name.

Yea, my first photoshop I removed the brand, but kept it try and fill a little of the white space. But looking at it again i think removing it would clean it up more.

How old is it? You might have to buff out where the sun has gone after the gelcoat, such you might still see the graphic after removal.

Bought it new in March last year, so there might be some minor ghosting, but I think it would be minor enough. I did treat the exterior finish with anti-UV sprays, so I might dodge it all together.

But that's also factoring into my decision. If I am going to remove them, I have to do it ASAP.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Or go OCD extreme, and buff, polish (anyway), and ceramic coat it!

Back to serious..... so after almost a year, vinyl does not get easier to remove with age either.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have never been a fan of graphics on my vehicles, I certainly don’t like carrying advertising for manufacturers’ or dealers unless they are going to pay me to display it.

ChrisRed89LX

Established Member
While I'm not in love with the graphics package, I'd say keep it. Without the graphics it looks like the trailers that movie sets rent out in my area, and is a bit more industrial / commercial looking.

On the other hand if that's the look you are after, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread