transmission mount

exdeath

Established Member
Is there a solid or urethane aftermarket transmission mount/cross member for the T-56 for the Terminators?

Everywhere I look all the aftermarket mounts and cross members specifically excludes 03-04 Cobra and all I can find is the stock Terminator+T56 specific cross member from Ford Racing which has the built in non serviceable rubber mount.

After putting in a strong clutch and firming up the rear, I have bad clutch "bounce" that makes smooth clutch engagement difficult, wobbly shifter on accel/decel, greatly amplified driveline clunk and vibration, intake couplers popping loose, etc. I'm going with urethane motor mounts but would like to get the tranny mount at the same time and I'm having a hell of a time finding one other than the stock one with the integral rubber mount.

Really don't feel like making my own. :bored:

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I think the urathane motor mounts will pretty much take care of this problem for you without the need for a better trans mount. They will really stiffen up the engine and take away a lot of the rotational movement of the engine and transmission.

I too was looking around for a trans mount when I made an order for a bunch of parts which included energy urathane motor mounts and ran into the same problem as you, everything excluded the cobra with the t56.. In the end I decided it most likely wouldn't be necessary with the urathane motor mounts and seeing as how weak the sheet metal is that supports the transmission crossmember, having a urathane mount there would probably just break the spot welds anyway (which has happened to people).

Users who are viewing this thread